1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

newbie needing a little help

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by motoman, Sep 11, 2008.

1. motoman

motoman

May 8, 2008
    Ontario canada
    Hi guys quick question only been a bass player for 9 months. my question is i have a gk backline 210 combo amp it is a 300 watt amp but to get the full 300 watts you have to add a amp head from them that is 100 watts like the backline 250 or 600. The problem is these heads do not have a headphone jack or an input for a mp3 player which i need. The combo amp it,s self does not has these either. Can i use another manufactures head with the combo amp. I,m looking at the behringer bxr 1800h head because it has the features i want at a price i can afford. but it is a 180 watt head is this too much for my speakers. Thanks guys

2. I think you have things a little mixed up.

The Backline 210 is rated for 300 watts at 4 ohms. The internal speaker is an 8 ohm load, meaning the output from the amp will only be 180 watts. You can can add an additonal 8 ohm cabinet (total 4 ohms) to get the maximum 300 watt output.

You don't add another amp, you add another speaker cab.

The amp on the 210 combo is the same as the Backline 600.

Here is the link to the owner's manual.

http://www.gallien.com/manuals/Backline Series OM.pdf.pdf

Now about the headphone jack or mp3 player, I think you're out of luck with the backline series.

Hope that helps.

3. motoman

motoman

May 8, 2008
    Ontario canada
    Oh i see my bad thanks for clearing that up:oops:

4. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    Don't ever plug 2 amps into the same speaker, you'll be in the market for some new gear real quick.

5. jtc_hunter

jtc_hunter

Feb 16, 2007
    To me , the perfect addition to your rig is, am Avatar 112 8-ohm cab. More low end to balance your 210's, and get you to the 4ohm load.