1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Newbie needs help.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by hawkdiver, Feb 22, 2008.

1. hawkdiver

hawkdiver

Feb 5, 2008
    Hey all havent posted yet but have been lurking for awhile. I recently picked up the bass after my drumming career was ended due to a injury in iraq. I just bought a Korg ax3000b effects board and all the effects/sounds are really spacey and synth like. Not my cup of tea. My buddy has a Boss gt series guitar effects board and when i plug into it the Wah and other effects sound amazing. I am taking the Korg back and Just wondering if I should pick up the Bass version of boss's board or are all the effects for bass supposed to be spacey and synthy.. Sorry for the long post but any input would be greatly appreciated.

2. Effects shouldn't sound spacey and thin unless that's what you want. The Zoom B2 series is nice for a multi effects pedal. I have the one without the wah pedal (wah isn't my thing) and I love it.

3. Swift713

Swift713

Dec 4, 2006
    Florence, Ma
    The Boss multi's are worth a look. You might want to check out the Zoom B2 or B2.1u as well. They're pretty popular as far as multi effects pedals go and quite reasonably priced. Happy hunting. :)

4. hawkdiver

hawkdiver

Feb 5, 2008
    Yeah i couldnt get the spacey tone to go away with the korg. Only real effect i would use is the Wah on some of our slower songs. But would love to be able to switch tones from soft and melodic to heavy omg ur gonna blow out my ears with a push of a pedal. Just so you know it is a semi metal band kinda weird have our own thing going.

5. mikethecannibal

mikethecannibal

Jan 19, 2008
    erie pa
    id keep the board you never know when you may need it. oh and on you getting injured in iraq, i'm proud to know im not the only bassist out there who's in the military. but ya keep the board, maybe a sound guy knows what to do with it or sumthing

6. hawkdiver

hawkdiver

Feb 5, 2008
    Problem is disablilty doesnt pay very well lol dont wanna keep the board if i cant get the use i need out of it.. must of fiddled with it for about 8 hours and couldnt get a SINGLE good sounding tone out of it.. where is I plugged into the boss GUITAR board and the presets even sounded amazing. One thing tho.. the talkbox on the korg is cool as hell useless but bad ass

7. hawkdiver

hawkdiver

Feb 5, 2008
    Looking at the ME50b from boss... anyone have any experience with this?