Newbie question about Powering Pedals?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by lopsy_lu, Sep 8, 2005.

1. lopsy_lu

Feb 15, 2005
    Scotland, UK.
    I'm thinking of setting up the following pedalboard :

Demeter Compulator
    Boss DD-3
    Boss ODB-3
    Akai Unibass
    Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi

My question is how to power all these pedals from one source? Is there a specific device that could power all these different pedals?

thanks for helping an FX Newb :)
  2. sean_w_mcgrath

sean_w_mcgrath does this forum name make me look fat?

There are a few power adapters out there on the market like the Godlyke Power All, and the Visual Sound 1Spot. They come with a 5 pedal daisy chain so you can power 5 9V pedals, plus adapters to power different types of pedals. You could be able to power those 5 pedals easily with one of these adapters, and these adapters will only run you about $30-$40.

I own the Godlyke. It is a bit more expensive than the 1Spot, but I know it comes with different adapter jacks (you may need one for the big muff) and the daisy chain...I'm not sure the 1Pot comes with these things. One nice thing about the 1Spot though is the right angled adapter jacks (takes up less space on your board).

Hope this help.
  3. sean_w_mcgrath

sean_w_mcgrath does this forum name make me look fat?

Oh! You might get a few more replies if you post this in the effects forum. Just thought you would like to know. Cheers!
  4. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Musician's Friend sells a 1Spot combo pack with the 1Spot and the four various adapters (you'll need the 1/8" adapter to power your Demeter Compulator) for $30. You can also order additional adapter plugs if you need them from the Visual Sound website- I had to order an additional 1/8" one because I lost was only $3.50 with no shipping and it got here fast.
  5. lopsy_lu

Feb 15, 2005
    Scotland, UK.
    Thanks for all the replies, I like the look of the 1-Spot, shame its only for American wall-sockets :bawl:

But that doesn't especially matter as I found the Godlyke Power All System in the UK.

Cheers :)