Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Newbie question about using effects

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Albini_Fan, Feb 16, 2003.

1. Albini_Fan

Albini_Fan Banned

Jan 26, 2003
    Beneath Below
    Right now I play with a MIM J & a Ampeg 210SP Combo. The 210 has no effects loop thing, it just has a odb and a -15db plugs for my bass. I want to get a sansamp bass driver. Except that, I don't know how I'll use it. Will I just plug them into where the bass would go, and put my bass's cable into the effects? What would this be called?

I'm confused :( I know this is the stupidest topic ever, but I heard some stuff about boxes eating tones if they're just directly into the amp with the bass going into the effect ;/

2. Don't own one, but I'll try to shed some light (no fun being ignored;) )

If it's like any other D.I., you plug your bass into the SansAmp 1/4" input, then run the output into your amp (same jack that you would plug in your bass). The SansAmp should also have an XLR output that you can run to a mixing board, if you wish.

From what I've heard on this forum, the SansAmp can leave the signal unaffected (just act as a DI) or it can alter the tone of your bass if you wish. Alter in a good way, that is.

Hope this helps.

b

3. Albini_Fan

Albini_Fan Banned

Jan 26, 2003
    Beneath Below
    what if i wanted to use additional pedals, like say a rat pedal? would I just plug it into the DI?

4. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Just chain them.
    Think of the SanSamp as a regular pedal, cause that's what it is too.