1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Newbie question about using effects

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Albini_Fan, Feb 16, 2003.

1. Albini_Fan

Albini_Fan Banned

Jan 26, 2003
    Beneath Below
    Right now I play with a MIM J & a Ampeg 210SP Combo. The 210 has no effects loop thing, it just has a odb and a -15db plugs for my bass. I want to get a sansamp bass driver. Except that, I don't know how I'll use it. Will I just plug them into where the bass would go, and put my bass's cable into the effects? What would this be called?

I'm confused :( I know this is the stupidest topic ever, but I heard some stuff about boxes eating tones if they're just directly into the amp with the bass going into the effect ;/

2. Don't own one, but I'll try to shed some light (no fun being ignored;) )

If it's like any other D.I., you plug your bass into the SansAmp 1/4" input, then run the output into your amp (same jack that you would plug in your bass). The SansAmp should also have an XLR output that you can run to a mixing board, if you wish.

From what I've heard on this forum, the SansAmp can leave the signal unaffected (just act as a DI) or it can alter the tone of your bass if you wish. Alter in a good way, that is.

Hope this helps.

b

3. Albini_Fan

Albini_Fan Banned

Jan 26, 2003
    Beneath Below
    what if i wanted to use additional pedals, like say a rat pedal? would I just plug it into the DI?

4. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Just chain them.
    Think of the SanSamp as a regular pedal, cause that's what it is too.