Newbie question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Pthump, Sep 2, 2005.

1. Pthump

Nov 18, 2004
    I have 3 pedals. I want to use all three of them live. I am totally ignorant on how to power them all, like what I need to buy to hook them all up and give them all power. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
  2. Well, you have a number of options.

One is called Daisy chaining. It use to be that as long as one pedal had a nice 9 volt in it, it could power the rest, no it's been applied to AC adapters.

Here are two that basically do the same thing

You can also use Power bricks. They're like power strips that have 9v cord jacks and power your effects that way, but it's a little more expensive.
  3. Pthump

Nov 18, 2004
    So all the other nine volt cords just hook into the main thing that plugs in?
  4. For the power bricks? Yes.
  5. Pthump

Nov 18, 2004
    No for the other one, the godlyke.. im not getting how it works
  6. Connect the pedals together with small cables?
  7. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    For Godlyke and 1Spot:

You connect the pedals to this long cable that in turn connects to the power supply.

Works great. I have a 1 Spot that powers 10 stomps.
  8. The great thing about the Godlyke and 1spot is that I can easily power my bass whammy (if it wasn't broken) and my Qtron while still powering my 7 regular boss-like voltage.
  9. Sako

Nov 4, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    I thought Q-tron's need 24-volt? Your Godlyke can power it? I have a Q-tron+ on the way, that's why I ask.
  10. Q-trons do need 24 volts, but there is a special adapter to have it fit. It has 300 mA, so amps are no problem.
  11. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    So how do you power the Q tron with 9V if it needs 24V? IIRC the adapter only allows you to use a Boss end plug into another style.