1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by xbrandonx, Sep 27, 2008.

1. xbrandonx

xbrandonx

Sep 27, 2008
    x502x
    nothing worse then starting with 1 post so here it is.

I've played on and off (not even remotely seriously) up until a few months ago. The few pieces of equipment I had were all sold and I was borrowing a friend's spare bass and combo amp when someone else asked me to play in their band so I picked up some equipment as quickly as possible and plan on doing some upgrading down the road, piece at a time.

Anyways here is what I ended up with:

-Fender P bass (J and P pickups) that are Dimarzio that I picked up for $150 from a local shop (got them to knock tax off) I believe the body might be a squire, however the neck is a fender. Sounds fine, plays good so not bad for starting off at least
    -Hartke HA3500 head which I got on ebay (guy was close so I went and picked it up) for around $135
    -Hartke 410Xl cab that I got from the same store I picked up that bass from for $250, tax knocked off again, haha.

Shortly afterwords I picked up a 6 space rack case off ebay (PEAVEY logo but SKB stamps on it), a Korg DTR-2000, 2 space rack drawer, and most recently a Flight case, Ernie ball Volume pedal and a Signal Flex Power Conditioner.

Here is a pic of my current set up.

S7301214.

I put the tuner on top because the light from the power conditioner kinda dulled the look of the tuner (the tuner also has a small light on the underside of it)

S7301216.

Dimarzio click-locks (only way to go IMO) strap. The pickgaurd is what is making me think that this is a squire body, however it may just be a squire pickgaurd on a fender body? Whatever, the pickups new from musician's friend are $120 bucks alone so I feel like I'll get my money out of it. The flight case I got on ebay as well for super cheap, actually cheaper then alot of the universal cases I saw.

In the past when I was messing around a bit I had a Randall Road Warrior RB1000 head and a yorkville 115 cabinet and was borrowing a bass (fender deluxe MIM) which I no longer have. After that I got messing around with guitar and my end setup before I sold everything (assumed I was done with music) was as follows:

Gibson SG-1 with an EMG-81 in the bridge (I've tried to get this back for months now)
    Boss TU-2 tuner, MT-2 Metal Zone, GE-7 EQ
    Sovtek tube midget 50 watt head (wish I never got rid of this)
    Marshall 1960a cab

Anyways, hopefully I can help, or can be of help in the future.