Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

newbie.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by kazzles, Nov 23, 2002.

1. kazzles

kazzles

Nov 23, 2002
    new york
    Hey guys. How are you all? Heh, a member here, don't exactly know his login name, I'll have to bug him for it, gave me a link to a thread here, and since I'm learning to play bass, I thought I'd join. :p Since I'm feeling down, [don't ask. i warn you. lol] how about a nice welcome for me, eh? :D *laughs*

In other topics, have any of you heard from tones/toebee? He got me into bass, I just wanted to see if anyone heard from him since he went on tour.

2. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Hey Kazz-
    welcome to TB. Hope you have fun here, and learn a lot. I recommend that you go read the FAQ before you do anything else, and if you ever have a question, do a search, becasue chances are that it has already been answered.

I have been wondering myself where tones was... it's been a long while since I've seen him post on here. Good to hear he is on tour, and not in prison :D

Welcome to TB, pull up a bass, and enjoy your stay :D

Nick

3. superfreak

superfreak Unregistered

Aug 18, 2002
    Clarksville, TN
    Welcome, you will receive some good advice. Sorry if you are having a bad day...join the club.:D

4. Shot gun! first mod to welcome you! first whacky aussie!

nah what do i know i'm in it for the freebies.....

Have fun

:D:D

Merls

5. Nick Gann

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Kazz-
    one more point of advice...

Stay away from merlin here. He has a few loose bolts. And a few that are just not there at all. He means well, but... he is Australian :rolleyes:

:D:D:D;)

6. Hmm silly american tuba player.... i think you blew too hard and some brain fell out... or was that me? lol!

Merls

7. Nick Gann

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    so that's the stuff coming outta my nose...

8. Hmm that picture looks funny if you hum swan lake to it.

Merls

9. to funny to to funny
    welcome to the family. hope that since this is a few days later that things are better for you. this is a great site. :D

10. kazzles

kazzles

Nov 23, 2002
    new york
    oh man, you guys are the best. making me laugh right off the start. :) i'm sick, so i can't stop coughing long enough to pick up my bass. :mad: grr. heh, anyways, thanks guys. and oh, i think australian accents are sexay, so i don't mind merls talken to me. :p you'll get used to me, hehe. i'm still learning bass, though. i play flute [don't remind me of american pie, if you've seen it, man, i feel weird now. haha] and i'm still learning the notes on the bass clef. :)