Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Newbie's new bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jaysun, Dec 24, 2005.

1. jaysun

jaysun

Dec 24, 2005
    Hey everyone, i just joined this site. Im looking formward to getting advice in the future from these forumns.

ANyhow, i jsut bought a bass off of eBay. I was looking for an ESP F-series bass for a while. i read good things about them and i love the way they look. The tradional shape but a lot more jagged and exciting. anyway, i was looking for a rather inexpensive one to pop up on eBay.
    Ever hear of the band "Shadow's Fall"? I bought the bass they used on their first cd and tour with all of their signatures on it. An ESP F-204. $200!!! i couldn't beleave my luck. I got my bass and made a few adjustments with the strings and it sounds great! THe bass is in almost perfect condition. a few scratches here and there, but nothign that i wouldn't have put on it in a few months anyhow.

anyhow, im really happy with it and i was just wondering if anyone else had any experience with the f-204.

2. McHaven

McHaven

Mar 1, 2005
    Seeing as you're new, I'll tell you our rule now.
    Without pictures it doesn't exist.

I bet thats an awesome bass, but we gotta see pics ;)

3. jaysun

jaysun

Dec 24, 2005
    haha ok ill see if i can find a link with a picture of me.

4. avenger86

avenger86

Dec 23, 2004
    Shadows Fall just happens to be my favorite band! :)
    So you better have some pictures!!
    And, by first album do you mean Somber Eyes to the Sky or Of One Blood?....just asking, because obviously there was a slight lineup change.

5. jaysun

jaysun

Dec 24, 2005
  6. jaysun

jaysun

Dec 24, 2005
    acually, im not sure wich album they used it on. The person jsut tol dme what i told you. I did find a music video with them playing it though.

does LTD make ESP or is it the other way around. i didn't mean to mislead anyone here. I think its like a Gibson-Epiphone thing right?

7. jaysun

jaysun

Dec 24, 2005
    don't you guys beleive me?

8. McHaven

McHaven

Mar 1, 2005
    nice looking bass. I'm pretty sure its ESP and LTD is just like a model sort of thing. Kind of like Ibanez SR basses and stuff, but i'm not exactly sure. I'm not an expert on ESP at all.