1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Newborn puppies.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by xxfaux_punkxx, Oct 31, 2010.

1. xxfaux_punkxx

xxfaux_punkxx

Mar 18, 2010
    Indiana
    My roommates show beagle just gave birth to puppies. Well I'm wondering if playing bass will hinder them?

When I'm at home I play through a 15watt practice amp at usually half volume (it gets louder if he gets on my nerves which tends to happen a lot but oh well). Loud enough to be heard throughout the house but not at exeptionally high levels.

He hasn't mentioned it and I'm not even sure if he would know considering that I doubt he's ever been in this situation before (i'm the first musician he's ever lived with as far as I know).

so oh great guru's of the low end spectrum... should I keep a close eye on my volume so as not to disturb the pups?

2. Morning Beer

Morning Beer

Oct 2, 2009
    Cleveland
    No Pics, No Puppies!

3. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    Just play at a lower volume?

4. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    It depends on whether or not the puppies are in a cardboard box WITH the amp? And yeah, no pics, no puppies!

5. xxfaux_punkxx

xxfaux_punkxx

Mar 18, 2010
    Indiana
    pics coming when the mom pushes them all out, so probably 2marrow. right now there's only 1.

6. Muaguana

Muaguana

Jul 28, 2009
    If it disturbs them, you'll know.

Trust me... you'll know.

7. Yeah its puppies I would play through a half stack if I had puppies not that I dont love animals but I cant see myself not playing how I want to play because of some puppies, if it was a child yes but I am sure they will be fine.

8. fearceol

fearceol

Nov 14, 2006
    Ireland
    Not sure if puppies differ from adult dogs in this, but I often practice with my dog lying nearby. It does not seem to bother her at all ( the sound that is... dont know about the playing (lol) ) I'd say to lower the volume a fair bit first and see how they react, then increase it gradually. Cant see a major problem unless the volume is very high.

Would love to see some pics ! :hyper:

9. xxfaux_punkxx

xxfaux_punkxx

Mar 18, 2010
    Indiana
    The problem there is that they're the dudes income and they're worth a grand a piece. Mother's a champion or some crap and he breeds dogs and yada yada yada. Guy needs to pay rent so I don't want to hurt his income by any means.

10. play with headphones on untill they are a little older? or just turn down a little

11. xxfaux_punkxx

xxfaux_punkxx

Mar 18, 2010
    Indiana
    [​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

just one survived the pregnancy.

12. Hinder them from what...learning guitar? :D

If you can talk over the volume without yelling, the dog's will be fine. I'm glad you care enough to concerned for them.

13. Sad only 1 survived, send him the best wishes of TB. Thats gonna be one strong pup.