1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Newer Jazz Bass Stock Bridge

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by rbanyaga, Mar 5, 2013.

1. rbanyaga

rbanyaga

Feb 5, 2013
    Dallas TX
    Does anyone know if the newer bridges that come on Fender and Squier models (its thicker than the vintage bridges) still will fit under the Ashtray Bridge Cover??? I'd like to replace my bridge, but I like having the ashtray cover too. 310276575840One.

2. Don't know for a fact but I would be very surprised if it didn't fit!

Davo

3. I'm fairly certain others here who've tried say that the only bridge cover that these bridges fit under are the Tele style covers, (and maybe the large Jazz style "F" covers, but I'm just guessing on that one) and those just barely.

4. 96tbird

96tbird PLEASE STAND BY Supporting Member

Basspartsresource has some listed as Squier 60's pickup cover. Not j but just a thought; I wouldnt lol. Some bad reviews on this supplier though.

5. Low Main

Low Main Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2004
    Massachusetts
    I have a Sonic Blue Squier CV 60's P Bass that I bought new a few years ago. Same bridge on those as on the white w/red tort CV J basses.

At that time they came stock with bridge covers, as shown in this pic:

http://www.jimlawrence77.net/SONICBLUEPBASS/SquireSonic02.jpg

The fit is good. I was surprised that they had included the cover, but I didn't complain.