1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Newest baby finally home

Discussion in 'Off Topic [DB]' started by Stan Haskins, Oct 29, 2006.

1. Stan Haskins

Stan Haskins

Nov 17, 2005
    NY and Miami
    My newborn daughter's finally coming home from the hospital (hopefully, tomorrow) - she's been under treatment for newborn jaundice for the last couple of days, and seems to be fully recovered now - what a relief! It's a strange feeling, delivering a baby, then coming home without her . . .

2. dvmweb

dvmweb

Apr 20, 2002
    Atlanta MI 49709
    Stan,

Good luck to you and yours. I'm a Dad too.

WaLt MI/USA

3. I don't know you, but as a dad, I feel for you. I hope & pray things go well. Take LOTS of pictures.

4. Stan Haskins

Stan Haskins

Nov 17, 2005
    NY and Miami
    Thanks guys -

She's my third, and as far as newborn medical procedures go, we got off very easy. She's very healthy, and hopefully will be home soon.

I played Pau Cassalis' recording of cello suite 1 for her today. she seemed to find comfort in it. A baby in an incubator is a strange thing - - - it seems almost like one of those sensory isolation chambers that grown-ups used to put themselves into . . . I worry about her.

5. Stan, I won't say 'don't worry'- that's part of our job, think. but as you must know by now, kids are very resilient- and she seems to have at least one person really looking out for her. ;)

6. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    It is indeed. When my wife delivered, our son was taken to a children's hospital, and she didn't get to see him for several days; I had to go home without either of them the second night. Fortunately, the third night we got to go home as a family. Congrats, and good luck!

7. Eric Rene Roy

Eric Rene Roy

Mar 19, 2002
    Mystic, CT
    President: Upton Bass String Instrument Co.
    Hey Stan, hope all goes well for you today! Your family will be in our thoughts!

My second daughter is due December 25th! We had a rocky start...but a smooth middle. Hopefully all will come out well in the end. :hyper: