Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Newest member to the Stingray club :)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fourstringdrums, Sep 2, 2003.

1. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    Well actually, Sterling :)

I just ordered this from Bass Central:

Musicman Sterling: Honeyburst w/ Maple Fretboard & Black Pickguard
    [​IMG] :D

The actual one they had in stock had a white guard but Grasshopper is switching it out to black.

And I must say this: I'm a first time buyer from Bass Central but they are AWESOME. They kicked in a free Beaver Felton Slap video and some other free stuff. PLUS they actually gave me a discount on 2nd day shipping. How cool is that? I've NEVER had anyone discount shipping before.

The damage..$1305 w/ Case

I can't wait!

:bassist:

Oh yea, and I'll be putting a modded Schecter Stiletto Elite-4 up here and then on Ebay after a while. Near Mint condition, Black Cherry finish w/ Gold Hardware. PASSIVE Bartolini Soapbars with Vol/Bal/Tone and a Coil Splitter switch for the bridge pickup. Schaller Roller Bridge $500 /bo Oh and that includes a Gig Bag

2. Welcome to the Stingray/Sterling/Music Man club, Tobias4! Sterlings are excellent instruments, and that one sure looks great!

I think the black guard looks better than the white too. ;)

Good luck with her.

Mike

3. very pretty color scheme...I personally prefer the sound of a sterling over a stingray, too...so I give that to you.

Enjoy!

4. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    Most excellent looking Bass. If i get a fretless Ray5 i'm tempted to get the honey burst finish w/black guard that way it'd look similar to my fretted Cherry Sunburst Ray5 [maple board, black guard]. You'll enjoy it, and you'll be glad you got 2nd day shipping rather than the regular 3-5 days via UPS/Fed Ex. That's all

5. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Wow, you sure got ahold of some money real quick! Decided against a Modulus then?

6. fourstringdrums

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    Of course I'm gonna have to get a fretless to keep it company :) When I think of fretless I think of "back to basics" so how about this one:

Sterling w/ Piezo, Natural w/ Black Pickguard
    [​IMG]

Either that or with Tortoise Shell PG:
    [​IMG]

Any other suggestions, I'll take em :) I'm probably going to have to order this one. BC only has a Tobacco Burst with an unlined board. But I gotta sell my current fretted and fretless first..

I'm glad I didn't wait 3-5 either..I'm impatient *lol* :)

7. fourstringdrums

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    Yea a modulus is out of my budget :) I decided this was a good compromise..a great bass thats well known for tone and contstruction, and more than half the price of a modulus :)

8. Minimaul

Minimaul

Jun 22, 2003
    I've been thinking long and hard about getting a Sterling. Although it's just driving me crazy because I have no money. But it's probably the bass I'm going to get. I was thinkin' about ordering from Bass Central unless the local place could get a sterling for me. Congrats on the new bass. And soon I hope I am in the Sterling club with you. :)

9. fourstringdrums

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    Minimaul,

If you can't get one locally I'd DEFINATELY go with Bass Central. Its my first time dealing with them but they are AWESOME. You can really tell that they just want the customer to be happy and give them the best deal possible. Like I even said, they even gave me a deal on shipping, which most places usually just charge whatever it costs. And whats cool is, I checked my email this morning and they sent me a UPS tracking # already. How cool is that? :)

10. Minimaul

Minimaul

Jun 22, 2003
    I doubt they'd give me a deal on shipping , which is something I'm acustomed to. Considering I live in alaska. I'd be happy if they even shipped here.

11. fourstringdrums

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    Hey ya never know. If you call, talk to Grasshopper. He's a manager there. I've been dealing with him and he's very helpful.