Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Newest pics of my custom fretless

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bardolph, May 6, 2004.

1. Bardolph

Bardolph

Jul 28, 2002
    Grand Rapids, MI
    They're not much different than the last one I posted, but now the fingerboard is glued on and tapered. Plus we now have a new digital camera with better quality. All that's left is some hole drilling, carving, electronics routing, finishing, and then it's ready for assembly! Specs: 5 piece maple/walnut neck, alder body with a walnut top, ebony fingerboard, gotoh tuners, some bridge, and bassline soapbars. Now my only decision left to make is whether to string it B-G or E-C.

2. Don W

Don W

Jan 30, 2004
    East Bay, CA.
    That's coming out real nice!

3. Lookin' good so far. The upper horn reminds me a little of an extended Bongo horn. Just my opinion, but I'd string it B-G.

Good luck. Can't wait to see the finished pix.

Mike

4. Bardolph

Bardolph

Jul 28, 2002
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Funny you say bongo, cause I was kinda going for being a little modulus-like.

5. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Hmm while I don't particularly like the upper horn, the bass is looking quite nice. I'd string it E-C.. All I play is Tenor 5strings, haha. I'm having a custom built right now so I share your joy. :)

6. Moo

Moo Banned

Dec 14, 2002
    Oakland, CA
    I thought Parker ;)

I like the radius from the end of the finger board to the body.