Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Newest recording - Funk rock

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by CaptainHueso, Aug 13, 2005.

1. Just wanted to get this out there. My band did this recording over the past couple weeks. The vocals need to be brought up in some sections that we are having done this weekend hopefully, but aside from that, we have called the songs done and are going to get them printed. Keep in mind this is merely a demo, and we didnt have the time or money to make it perfect. This is merely for representation purposes. Bass was recorded on a Euro Spector 4 string, old old model, EMG PJ's and the tone pump into a Sansamp RBI, using the program Nuendo. The track "That Aint Right" was recorded using an Ibanez BTB515e with bartolini all around. All tracking was done inside our sound engineer's house. We are pretty pleased with the sound quality considering it was not actually done in a studio. The stream quality is again not very good (had to compress them to 112 kb/s to get them to fit). The actual tracks sound crystal clear.

www.myspace.com/bulletproofbrown

2. Correlli

Correlli

Apr 2, 2004
    New Zealand
    Pretty cool. Very nice in fact! I like.

I like how the guitar gives the piece constrast.

3. Andyattalkbass

Andyattalkbass

Aug 11, 2005
    England
    Really enjoyed all the songs, definately some great music to sit down and chill out with! :)

4. Thanks for the comments fellas. I am of course nervous posting my material on here simply because of how tough of a crowd I may encounter. I know my playing is YEARS behind most of the guys on this forum. I appreciate people listening.

5. That is really damn good. Nice groove playing. Reminds me of Jason Mraz, or at least the songs of his I have heard.

PM me when your CD is ready :D

6. Correlli

Correlli

Apr 2, 2004
    New Zealand
    I had another listen, and I gotta say, you guys could be onto something there.

Nice vib.

I could be in for CD as well.

7. EricTheEZ1

EricTheEZ1

Nov 23, 2004
    Clawson, MI
    This isn't the kind of stuff I go towards...but I'm sure you could get a decent local following just playing small clubs and coffee shops. This is the kind of music that girls just flock to. Honestly, you should have no reason not getting at least a few gigs per month.

-Eric.

8. jammoore

jammoore

Mar 28, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    Nice Groove! Thanks for sharing. It has inspried me to work some of my stuff.

9. Thanks again for the comments everybody. Whenever we get the CD's finished printing, those of you who have requested will receive PM's. We've had a ton of shows over the past couple years at many different types of places, some huge festivals with thousands in attendance, some intimate bar settings. We've developed a pretty respectable fan base here in our home town (College Station TX), but we're about to move the band to Houston which will be a bit tougher, seeing as how there are millions more people and seemingly that many more bands. This past month has been slow gig wise because of the time we've been spending in the studio and things of that nature.