1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Newest Recording,, :/

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by BurnsFury, Jul 31, 2012.

1. BurnsFury

BurnsFury

Jan 10, 2012
    http://burnsfury.bandcamp.com/track/barnstormer

Been working with my new band and trying to get better at recording from home. This is our latest. Thoughts?

Personally I think the vocals need toned back a bit. And maybe punchier drums?

2. dbd1963

dbd1963

May 18, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    There does seem to be more that you could do with the recording, but I'm thinking it's probably in how you EQ the vocals, and what effects you add.

Really, I think just one more element. Just a drone from some bass pedals on an interesting sound you like, moving when the chords move, would complete that sound.

I do realize bass pedals aren't exactly cheap.. but you could fake it until you can afford them -- put it on the recording, but leave it out of the live show.

3. BurnsFury

BurnsFury

Jan 10, 2012
    Anymore feedback?

4. BurnsFury

BurnsFury

Jan 10, 2012
    Just remastered the track a bit, and replaced it.

5. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Alta Loma, California
    bass track is buried in the mix - add mids. Also, that guitar tone is pretty horrendous. I like the vocals though.

6. BurnsFury

BurnsFury

Jan 10, 2012
    Thats all bass lol.

7. BurnsFury

BurnsFury

Jan 10, 2012
    Maybe I shouldve mentioned this is a Bass and Drum band. The Bass is a single track, its just how I have my pedals set up that I get that sound.