Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

newfound buzz?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by ilikethebass, Jan 13, 2006.

1. ilikethebass

ilikethebass

Feb 3, 2005
    Detroit
    The bass: Schecter Stiletto Elite 5-string
    The deal: I just bought this bass 3 months ago and am very happy with it. I got some D'Addario strings (.45-.130) for Christmas, and just restrung it a minute ago. I am wondering what kind of strings were on it to begin with, because there was very little buzz. Now on the E and B strings, Im getting wayyy to much:rollno: . I noticed on the E string, it starts to taper off before the nut. Why?? I dont know, especially on a 35" scale as it were... Is this scale too light for this bass? I really dont want to mess with the action cus I swear it was just right out of the box! Any info would be helpfull, thanks guys:meh:

2. thekyle

thekyle

Dec 25, 2005
    Breckenridge, CO
    Different string guages require different set ups. If you don't want to get it set up, you can always experiment with different strings. However, this isn't recommended because this won't just put a dent in your wallet, it willl leave a huge, gaping black hole of misery. Just get it set up.

3. Sounds like you don't have the proper strings for the bass. Go get a set made specifically for a 35" scale.