1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Newish Boss TU-1000 Stage Tuner - Size of a Small Country

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by icarussmicarus, Apr 21, 2009.

1. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    6 5/16" is pretty big for something that simple. And it definitley FUGLY in my opinion.

2. Mr. Pickles

Mr. Pickles Supporting Member

Nov 11, 2006
    Dutchess County, NY
    lolz:D

3. takfar

takfar

Dec 21, 2008
    I imagine you may want one of you play huge arena shows in a stage the size of a football field... ? :meh:

4. synterx

synterx

Jan 24, 2005
    Illinois
    The rep at namm said that artists requested a giant tuner exactly for giant stages. Seems weird to release it to everyone.

5. to me it just looks like a rack tuner without the rack ears--it doesn't look that bad to me

6. :eek:

I WANT ONE! It's the HUEG!!

7. synterx

synterx

Jan 24, 2005
    Illinois
    you do realize that one picture with it lying on the floor with all the regular size floor pedals is not a Photoshop retouch, right? That's the actual size of the pedal! It's like a cartoon tuner or something.

8. Wow.

I wonder how much it costs. $199US I bet. Haha. Seriously, who would need that except the biggest of rock stars? They're gonna sell like 200 units.

9. synterx

synterx

Jan 24, 2005
    Illinois
    It's Roland, which means more than you would think it would sell for. I believe it's closer to $300. $279 or something.

10. I think this thread got moved out of effects? Funny that normally pedal tuners get lumped in the effects forum. This is so big the mods don't even consider it a pedal :p thats telling!

11. No, it is photoshopped.

go to 53 seconds.

12. synterx

synterx

Jan 24, 2005
    Illinois
    Well it isn't photoshopped too much. I've seen the photos of it side by side, and it really is that big looking. It's crazy.

13. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    That is photoshopped, you can tell by the shadows and focus being different between it and the other stuff on the floor.

14. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    This one is my favorite. Big lolz. :p

15. SteveC

SteveC

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    What difference does it make to see it from far away? I assume you don't want anyone to hear you tuning so you have to walk up to it to mute your output anyway, right? I don't understand.

16. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
  17. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

I can see the application for those who play outside in situations with high ambient illumination - the lights should be brighter and easier to see.

18. synterx

synterx

Jan 24, 2005
    Illinois
    agreed, but physically that big? The little "A" is normal size as on a rack tuner. It's just weird to me.

19. its only 16" wide--rackmount stuff is 19" so its not that big