1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Newish Member/ Now living in Japan looking for Lefty

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ritebrain, May 21, 2011.

1. Hello talkbass peoples,
    I just recently moved to Sapporo, Japan (without my bass). I figured I'd be able to just show up and find a lefty since, at least, all the good Fender Jazz's are made in this country, but, alas, it is proving much more difficult than I expected. Is anyone out there who has any resources they think I may find interesting? I appreciate any and all feedback.
    Kanpai

2. lefty007

lefty007

Jan 19, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Do a search of Ishibashi stores. They are all over Japan if I'm not mistaking.

Also, this store specializes in lefties:
    Taniguchi-gakki

3. hey thanks. These links help. i found a few more choices than what I was looking at through Amazon and yahoo. It seems there is a popular lefty bass player anime character that has popularized the fender jazz to record sales. I love me a good MIJ jazz, although there are also a few of those MTD kingstons floating around too. The Ishibashi stores are mainly on Honshu, unfortunately there are none on Hokkaido (where I'm at). But they have the best deal on the MIJ jazz that I have found. Thanks again.

4. Akiyama Mio, the bass player and singer in the anime series K-On? I wonder if it also caused a increased interest in Gibson Les Paul and Fender Mustang guitars as well as Korg keyboards?

5. Staccato

Staccato Low End Advocate

Aug 14, 2009
    Alabama
    Pacman, do you have any suggestions?

6. you have to wonder if Gibson, Fender, Sony and Yamaha all had something to do with the popularity and if they paid the artists. It is blatant product placement and I am sure that all those models are selling more since the shows' rise in popularity. Let's hope it leads to more teaching gigs for me, since I am left-handed just like Mio, or whatever the girls name is.

For lefties, I found 谷口楽器/商品一覧ページ
    to be the best site in Japan. (Thanks 007!)

7. lefty007

lefty007

Jan 19, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Yep, no prob. You should try some Bacchus basses. They are really good quality, and have different price points, but even the entry models are great, much better than any MIJ Fenders. Although if you have a limited budget, I'm sure you can find used MIJs Fenders at Japanese auctions for a good price.

Yahoo!

8. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    Also... should be in the Wanted forums... really...