1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Newly acquired 1996 Albey Balgochian A-Bass prototype, Darryl Jones precursor.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Joe Black, Apr 11, 2010.

1. Joe Black

Joe Black

Jun 17, 2006
    New York City
    Endorsing Artist: Basson
    Heard this sucker was at the Guitar Man in the East Village, NYC...went in, played it, bought it...WITH the wife's buy-in. Who can't do better than that???????

The dude in the store said Albey had been in the previous week to shoot the ****; this bass was apparently one of his regular gigging basses. Not sure why he'd want to sell it.

Pix coming soon...but you can check it out here: http://www.abasses.com/ The one I bought is in the middle.

Btw: the neck is probably the best f'ing neck I've ever played on a bass. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. :hyper:

Black.

2. JimB52

JimB52 User Supporting Member

May 24, 2007
    East Coast
    Very cool. Nice price, too.

3. Joe Black

Joe Black

Jun 17, 2006
    New York City
    Endorsing Artist: Basson
    I actually got it even cheaper than the price listed on the website. I had $$$ on hand, so they were willing to deal + threw in a hardshell case.

Made a few minor adjusts to the bridge, Marcus Miller Fatbeams, plays like a dream.

The neck on this thing is freaking great.

4. Demonator

Demonator

Jun 14, 2009
    L.J. Kentucky
    Dean Street Team
    It looks good.