1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Newly Recorded songs for everyone to here.

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Chili, Apr 19, 2009.

1. Chili

Chili

Mar 8, 2005
    Newcastle/England
    Hey, My band have spent all weekend in the recording studio and recorded and mixed 5 songs, Check them out, see what you think :).
    We've been together for a few month now and plan to start gigging in the summer, so fingers crossed!
    any feedback would be much apprisiated.

http://www.myspace.com/torontosun

2. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Alta Loma, California
    your guitarist is a bit off-tempo. Other than that, sounds okay to me!

3. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive

Jul 1, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    You remind me of the Buzzcocks.

4. Chili

Chili

Mar 8, 2005
    Newcastle/England
    Yeah there is a few places where the timing is slightly off, i didnt realise as much until i got back in the house and had a listen, but we'll get it sorted :)

5. HogieWan

HogieWan

Feb 4, 2008
    Lafayette, LA
    When you say studio, do you mean you paid someone to record and mix this?

Bass sounds great, btw

6. Hi! I have not heard any but it is clear to me that you are young and this is a new band.
    Recording should not be on the agenda until you are well experienced at live work and start to know what you are doing.
    Anything that you do get down on tape or computer disc should be used to guide you in the right direction as a training guide.
    You have a whole bunch of stuff to learn that will take years.

7. Chili

Chili

Mar 8, 2005
    Newcastle/England
    Yeah, and thx :)

To aurthur, you havnt listened to the songs and your still willing to make an opinion? I'm new to recording and gigging, but half the band have alot of experiance, mabe give the songs a listen then critizise?

8. madrob

madrob

Aug 22, 2006
    Ottawa, ON, Canada
    Not bad but I think the mixing/mastering could really use some work. All the songs sound really thin without much space between the instruments.

Keep working at it!

9. kalle74

kalle74

Aug 27, 2004
    I listened to your songs, and my opinion is with Arthur. Nice songs, but your timing is way off, and pitches are shakey... You need more work (and that´s the fun part of it, really). you´re making progress, and that´s all that matters.

Regarding recording... It´s a good idea to record your band playing a lot to see where you´re at. Rehearsal room recordings should do for awhile... When you notice your band has gotten significantly better, it may be time for another trip to the studio.

Soundwise your demo is ok. The sounds might be average quality, but one needs to realise that sound and playing go hand-in-hand...

10. Chili

Chili

Mar 8, 2005
    Newcastle/England
    Thx for the feeback everyone!

Yeah we will be recording again in the future after we've got well into gigging, there is deffinitly ruff spots, but like you say, part of the fun is trying to get better, realising our week spots and improving as we go, thats if we last long enough anyway lol.