Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

News for Billy Sheehan Fans

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Boplicity, May 23, 2001.

1. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

This news comes from Yahoo. Billy Sheehan will be touring this summer with Steve Vai in the G3 tour. I hope they come to a venue near me, because Ilong to see Billy Sheehan play live and not on video.

2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    oooo, very cool. i saw billy and steve back on the ole david lee roth eat'em and smile tour - great show.

3. Boplicity

Yup, it is TOO COOL! I'm already hyperventilating at the thought.

Anyway, here is more info I just found at Steve Vai's official web site.

G3 this year has Steve Vai, Joe Satriani and John Petruci (of Dream Theater.) Vai's band includes SHeehan, drummer Virgil Donati, Mike Kennealy and Dave Weiner. This is the first time Sheehan and Vai have toured together since 1986 when Davis leed Roth was part of the band and John Turner was blessed to see and folks like myself can only dream about.

For G3 tour dates and locations in the U.S. and Canada, check:

http://www.vai.com

The latest dates were just posted 05/21/01.

4. <--will be there!

5. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Vai and Sheehan? :eek: How do they determine who gets the right-of-way?

6. Billy is great. I saw him with Mr. Big last year in a local club. I parked myself right in front of him...I mean I was reading his set list! Anyhow, by the second song I was wore out cause there were so many notes flying at me!

7. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Sheehan, you say? I don't know... I really liked Philip Bynoe.

8. I'm goin' to the G3 show in Fort Lauderdale in July with a friend of mine who lives there. Not only is Billy Sheehan playing with Vai, but Dave LaRue is playing with Petrucci! And you know Satriani will have someone great, too.. hopefully Stu Hamm. They should call this show "B3"!!

9. Boplicity

Dave LaRue! I love LaRue! And Stu Hamm! It would be my first time to see him live. Trouble is that SunRise concert is July 25. I don't think I can be in FL then. I'd have to rearrange a few things.

Drat the bad luck! Like you say...B3. But G3/B3 isn't coming to many venue in my state unless they add something. I had planned to spend the height of the hurricane season in FL (mid-August to mid-Sept)to help my Mom, but now what? I can't just stick on an extra month. Or can I?

Knowing that LaRue, Hamm AND Sheehan will be playing makes this the kind of concert I'd be willing to shell out big bucks for a front row or near front row seat. Afterall, Sheehan is the reason I play bass. And LaRue and Hamm have been inspirations too. WOW!

Anyway, thanks for the info, Dave.

10. Actually, the Sunrise show is July 21st.. a Saturday night. I'm driving down that day. My friend scored us 11th row seats!
    Funny thing is, G3 is playing here in Atlanta two days before.. might have to go to that one, too!

11. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Oh, I'll be at the one in Atlanta.....You can count on that.

12. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    I saw them together with David Lee Roth in the 80's, it was great!

13. maxoges

maxoges

Aug 23, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I stood in the front row at a Satriani concert in Stockholm last summer. You are in for a treat man! Stu Hamm is great live. Just hope he playes a bass solo aswell :) I'm sorry I won't get to see the G3 concert myself being stuck here in Sweden :(

14. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    I saw them on the Eat Um And Smile tour back in the 80's they are still to this day my favorite guitar and bass player package.

15. Acacia

Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX
    i'd be happy with donati/sheehan/vai. the other 2 are snoozers.

16. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    :eek:

Man, that'll be one HELL of a show! Vai/Sheehan/Donati...::drool::

Not to mention Petrucci and LaRue...yikes!

Man, I'm there! Thanks for the warning Jason!

I just hope they make another video out of it, so I can watch it over and over!

GB3!

17. Acacia

Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Would that stand for Boredom3?