Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

News from the Fender house

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by barroso, Jul 18, 2002.

1. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    it seems that the new Mustang reissue bass is out:

[​IMG]

i have had rumors about the new Precision and Jazz bass America Deluxe. 4+1 headstock and 18 volt preamp.

can you confirm? something else on the new Frontline/Bass street?
    let us know and post pics if you can!!

2. yep- Guitarist reviewed the 4 string versions- the neck joint is now a 5 bolt with a rounded heel- they've done similar neck joint mods on some Strats too.

3. I have also been curious about the new 18-volt electronics. Personally, I kinda liked the 9-volt electronics, so if there's any improvement, then great! However, I've never had the time to sit for a while with a Fender, so I wouldn't have noticed dead spots and such.

4. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    i want the mustang!!!!
    o please! where can i get one?

steve

5. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    the local fender dealer said they are getting some.
    they are MIM's
    and will be priced around $320 or so.
    and some of them have the cool racing strip.

steve

6. BillyBishop

BillyBishop

Feb 7, 2001
    Canada
  7. Cool.I like the Mustang basses.

I was just reading the Bass street flyer and saw them in there. :) Wonder how they will sound?

8. The American Deluxe FMT 5 has a 4+1 headstock and A new 18 volt preamp, although I'm not sure if it's the same one or not.

9. I really like the new 3-pickup Cyclones they're putting out--did someone say Adrian Belew? :D

10. Musicians Friend's website has the new Precision Deluxe V. With the 18 volt electronics and the 4+1 tuners, the bass is looking pretty good. Still wonder what the B is like on those. No one around here has a new one yet.

jtbp

11. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    WOW!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i love Fender!!

12. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Damn you gas, DAMN YOU!

13. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Where's the racing strip, damnit, it's not truly a Mustang unless it has a racing strip. :D

I have an ogasm just looking at that Sunburst Jazz Bass. :eek: ;)

14. dougray

dougray Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2002
    western maryland
    i must admit the precision/jazz 5's look sweet,but if they r like the squier's ,the B is a little floppy,not to bad... well the one's i have played were...

15. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    and he also said they have the ....................................................................................racing stripe!!!!
    yes! in a nice blue with a white stripe.
    o my god! gas really bad!!!!!!!!
    my dad played one when he played bass.
    well now he plays mine if he doesn't want to play his guitar.

man o man!
    i really want one!!!!!!!!!!!!!

steve

16. Eeewwwww.... 5 string Fenders just don't get me off. Those Mustangs look interesting though.