News from the Fender house

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by barroso, Jul 18, 2002.

1. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    it seems that the new Mustang reissue bass is out:

i have had rumors about the new Precision and Jazz bass America Deluxe. 4+1 headstock and 18 volt preamp.

can you confirm? something else on the new Frontline/Bass street?
    let us know and post pics if you can!!
  2. yep- Guitarist reviewed the 4 string versions- the neck joint is now a 5 bolt with a rounded heel- they've done similar neck joint mods on some Strats too.
  3. I have also been curious about the new 18-volt electronics. Personally, I kinda liked the 9-volt electronics, so if there's any improvement, then great! However, I've never had the time to sit for a while with a Fender, so I wouldn't have noticed dead spots and such.
  4. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    i want the mustang!!!!
    o please! where can i get one?

5. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    the local fender dealer said they are getting some.
    they are MIM's
    and will be priced around $320 or so.
    and some of them have the cool racing strip.

6. BillyBishop

Feb 7, 2001
  7. Cool.I like the Mustang basses.

I was just reading the Bass street flyer and saw them in there. :) Wonder how they will sound?
  8. The American Deluxe FMT 5 has a 4+1 headstock and A new 18 volt preamp, although I'm not sure if it's the same one or not.
  9. I really like the new 3-pickup Cyclones they're putting out--did someone say Adrian Belew? :D
  10. Musicians Friend's website has the new Precision Deluxe V. With the 18 volt electronics and the 4+1 tuners, the bass is looking pretty good. Still wonder what the B is like on those. No one around here has a new one yet.

11. barroso

Aug 16, 2000

i love Fender!!
  12. old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Damn you gas, DAMN YOU!
  13. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Where's the racing strip, damnit, it's not truly a Mustang unless it has a racing strip. :D

I have an ogasm just looking at that Sunburst Jazz Bass. :eek: ;)
  14. dougray

dougray Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2002
    western maryland
    i must admit the precision/jazz 5's look sweet,but if they r like the squier's ,the B is a little floppy,not to bad... well the one's i have played were...
  15. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    and he also said they have the stripe!!!!
    yes! in a nice blue with a white stripe.
    o my god! gas really bad!!!!!!!!
    my dad played one when he played bass.
    well now he plays mine if he doesn't want to play his guitar.

man o man!
    i really want one!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. Eeewwwww.... 5 string Fenders just don't get me off. Those Mustangs look interesting though.