Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

News of the Weird: Part 1

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Boplicity, Aug 12, 2004.

1. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Here's an irresistable news item I found at CNN.com, World yesterday. I'm not sure if it is still posted.

Four members of a family have been arrested in Palawan, Philippines and charged with murder. They are accused of killing, cooking and eating a family member at a wedding reception and, get this, feeding him to their unaware guests!

The victim was the cousin of the bride's father. His mistake was to trip and accidentally grab the bride's bottom as he fell. (I'm not making this up.)

Several male family members, including the bride's father drove the victim to a secluded spot, stabbed him to death, then roasted his body with coconut leaves and kerosene.

They returned to the party where they served up the victim's remains to guests who are said not to have noticed because they were all so drunk. Later one of the participants in the murder confessed the sordid tale to police.

The Palawan police chief has said cannibalism will be added to the charge of murder.

(If there is any lesson in this, it must be to never trip and fall near a bride)

2. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
  3. Boplicity

Gosh, I didn't know about that web site. I may have unwittingly plagarized their name. But I bet it is funny. I'll go check it out. Thanks for the heads up.

4. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    I wonder what happened to her highschool prom date.

5. Proof that some cultures still live in the middle ages.

6. Um...ew. For tripping and touching the brides butt? Pssshh, I touch butts all the time. :smug: :p

7. Boplicity

Better not go to any weddings in Palawan.

8. :rollno:

It's really a shame to be the same species as people like this.

9. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Ah, News of the Weird. One of the few things I miss about working in downtown Chicago - picking up the Reader once a week and enjoying NotW and the "Matches - Other" personals on the train home!

Of course, I could have done without the occasional cockroach that would be hiding in the fold of the paper - the Reader was distributed in bundles on the floor in bars and other dives, so you'd get occasional "hitchhikers". You had to be careful before bringing it in the house!

10. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    Maybe we aren't.