Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

News regarding the Marcus Miller five string

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fire-Starter, Jan 30, 2003.

1. Fire-Starter

Fire-Starter Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2002
    MINNESOTA
    I just came from guitar center and the news regarding the new MM5 is that if you place your order now with fender, you can get the bass in April or May, they are already on back order! G/C called them while I was waiting in the store, The basses also comes in several colors, vintage white,shoreline gold, aged natural, and all black! G/C wil sell them for about 1600 bucks, although they will list for 2279.99

Peace and Blessings!:cool:

2. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Are you sure $1600 is not a list price? The 4 string is about $700. Dosen't sound right unless it's USA & I still think it's too much. :)

3. Fire-Starter

Fire-Starter Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2002
    MINNESOTA

Are you sure $1600 is not a list price? The 4 string is about $700. Dosen't sound right unless it's USA & I still think it's too much.

Hey Nino, whats up!

G/C says they will list for 2279.99 but they will sell them for 1595.99. I have also re-edited the post to include the colors they will come in.:D

4. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    You seem yo be right. I went on the Fender site & the part #'s identify the Miller 4 as made in Japan(025....) & the 5 sting as made in the USA (019...).

I think it's weird casue the 4 string will be $700 & the 5 string will be $1600!!!! Weird. :confused:

5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

For that price, I hope that it has a better preamp than the 4 string version.

6. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    Wow.....thats a pretty steep price for that bass, kinda like the Nikki Six signature:confused: For that price you could almost get a Lull;)

7. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    I think that's a list price.

8. Hman

Hman

Jan 8, 2002
    San Francisco, CA
    For that price, buy a Sadowsky Tokyo!

9. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    You're gonna need about $500 more for one of those. I wish I could find a Sad Tokyo for $1600.