News update...

Discussion in 'Ask Steve Lawson & Michael Manring' started by Steve Lawson, Jun 17, 2002.

1. Steve Lawson

Steve Lawson Solo Bass Exploration! Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
    just a quick applogy for being so tardy in replying to all the posts here over the last couple of weeks - I've been in the studio working both on other people's albums and preliminary sessions for my next completely solo album (sounding good, though I say so myself... :oops:)

I've also been interviewed for a couple of music mags - more news lately, and sorting out some upcoming gigs.

add to that the virus that munched my computer a couple of weeks ago, and I've had a very busy couple of weeks.

I'll be back to reply to all this stuff ASAP - keep the questions and comments coming in.

for now though, please have a read of Max Valentino's review of my latest CD 'Conversations' on the Talkbass front page! If you've got the CD, feel free to write your own review here... :oops:)

2. stephanie

Nov 14, 2000
    Scranton, PA
    Good luck with all your studio work Steve! I'll have to have a read of Max's review...

3. Howard K

Howard K

Feb 14, 2002
    Excuses, excuses! Naah, only kidding. It's fine, we understand if you just can't handle the pace. I guess it must be tough ;)

Do let us know gig dates, I'd like to come along if I can.

Chili peppers gig last night completely rocked! Flea was playing some real "my first bass line" stuff... still kicked butt supreme tho! John-F was his usual tramp-like-self but played some of the best screaming guitar solos I've heard in ages, he was really on form. They finished the set with a 15 minute jam, sketchy as always, but SOOO cool! :)