Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

News update...

Discussion in 'Ask Steve Lawson & Michael Manring' started by Steve Lawson, Jun 17, 2002.

1. Steve Lawson

Steve Lawson Solo Bass Exploration! Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
    just a quick applogy for being so tardy in replying to all the posts here over the last couple of weeks - I've been in the studio working both on other people's albums and preliminary sessions for my next completely solo album (sounding good, though I say so myself... :oops:)

I've also been interviewed for a couple of music mags - more news lately, and sorting out some upcoming gigs.

add to that the virus that munched my computer a couple of weeks ago, and I've had a very busy couple of weeks.

I'll be back to reply to all this stuff ASAP - keep the questions and comments coming in.

for now though, please have a read of Max Valentino's review of my latest CD 'Conversations' on the Talkbass front page! If you've got the CD, feel free to write your own review here... :oops:)

cheers

Steve
    www.steve-lawson.co.uk

2. stephanie

stephanie

Nov 14, 2000
    Scranton, PA
    Good luck with all your studio work Steve! I'll have to have a read of Max's review...

Cheers,
    Stephanie

3. Howard K

Howard K

Feb 14, 2002
    UK
    Excuses, excuses! Naah, only kidding. It's fine, we understand if you just can't handle the pace. I guess it must be tough ;)

Do let us know gig dates, I'd like to come along if I can.

Chili peppers gig last night completely rocked! Flea was playing some real "my first bass line" stuff... still kicked butt supreme tho! John-F was his usual tramp-like-self but played some of the best screaming guitar solos I've heard in ages, he was really on form. They finished the set with a 15 minute jam, sketchy as always, but SOOO cool! :)