Newsted leaves Blasko joins.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by HappyMikey, Dec 5, 2003.

1. For those who care...

===== Newsted Leaves Ozzy, Replaced By ROB ZOMBIE Bassist =====

2. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    What's Jason's deal, man? He's like a musical tramp.
  3. I'm kinda sad about this too.:(
    He's one of my favorite bassists,and Ozzy is my favorite musician of all time,so yeah when he joined I was super happy.

At least there's still Voivod.Hopefully he won't quit that too.

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I wouldent be suprised if Jason left because of ozzy inactivity.
  5. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Gee, Jason's leaving is a big surprise! I wonder if he felt Ozzy's health was in question or what the reason was. Maybe there was a falling out with other bandmates. Right now I guess the reason is only speculation. As a big fan of Jason's, I hope that the situation isn't as negative as it appears at first blush.
  6. The situation as it has been described to me was there was a falling out between Newsted and Wylde due to Jason getting caught with weed in his bass case at customs and letting the bus driver take the fall for it. Zakk thought that was bullsh*t and didn't care much for Jason afterwards.

This is second hand info from Zakk>a mutual friend>me. So take it as you will.
  7. Where did you hear that?
  8. Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    He said in an interview a while back that the whole Ozzy thing he was just simply doing it out of respect, and that he really just wanted to be in Voivod. If the whole weed thing is true than I just lost a lot of respect for him...anyway, Cliff was still better.
  9. Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    I doubt Jason is too broken up about it. Ozzy's an old has-been at this point. I'm surprised he can even compose himself enough to get on stage these days.
  10. Man, Ozzy has had SO many bassists over the years.

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I remeber reading a whille back that Jason wanted to write and record with Ozzy.
  12. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Jason's contract with Ozzy ran through December. Rather than quitting, Jason opted not to resign, most likely due to time constraints and a new Voivod album in the works.
  13. I think "Blasko" has some big shoes to fill:)
  14. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    You know what they say about big shoes...

Big paycheck :)
  15. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    That's awesome. I like and respect that jason's doing what he wants to.
  16. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    I'm next in line to play with ozzy, as a matter of fact.
  17. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Got this with my e-mail today:

I would like to thank the Osbournes for including VOIVOD in their tours this year. I am honored to have had the privilege to share the stage with Ozzy, Zach and Mike through a very successful summer. It was a blast playing old Black Sabbath songs with this band!

My agreement with the Osbournes was to play bass for the gigs that Ozzy had committed to through December 2003. I wish Ozzy the best as he continues to fly the flag for metal!

I am excited to be back making new music with VOIVOD. The Chophouse studio is fired up and ready for the creation of the next album.

In the meantime, keep yourself tuned in to and for all the latest.

Keep It Heavy!

18. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Well, according to the latest news, Ozzie won't perform live any time soon anyway...
  19. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    Yup, Ozzy fell off his ATV in England and got hurt pretty badly. Something like 8 broken ribs, cracked vertabrae. He needs help breathing. But I heard that was only because it hurts for him to breath because of a bruised lung. He can breathe on his own but he has assistance so that it doesn't hurt as much.

Hopefully he'll make a full recovery, however long it takes.

As far as Jason goes, I'd rather see him do what he loves and get more exposure in a few bands then be stifled creatively like he was in Metallica for most of the 15 years or so he was with them.
  20. Metal Mitch

Metal Mitch

Jul 14, 2003
    Interesting story... reminds me of a story I heard about a popular 70's band always having a roadie carry "the drug suitcase" - because if anything went down, the show could still go on with (or without) a replacement roadie... guess Zakk hasn't heard that one.