1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Newsted Wah Solo, wah question.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Rumzini, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    At 2:50 of this video Jason steps onto a wah....anyone know which. Was it Cliffs?:smug:

2. Ryan Mohr

Ryan Mohr

Oct 23, 2007
    yes

3. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Hmmm....sounds pretty cool. It starts it's sweep from way down low instead of the low mid to midrange like others.

4. He got all of Cliff's gear? What?

5. It's actually a Morley Power Wah, an older one. He used it for years and swore by it.

6. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Well I didn't mean if it was Cliffs personal wah....but if i was th type he used the big chrome power wah. All of the sound clips I've ever heard wasn't having the open E string being used in that manner. So you're able to hear that the sweep begins from waaaaay down low. I like that. Also that it dosn't have that funky sound.

7. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger Gold Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    Yep, it's a chrome Morley Power Wah Boost.

I don't know if it was the exact same unit that Cliff left behind (or if they simply acquired another one to leave Cliff's intact), but I'm willing to bet it probably is Cliff's.

Crazy range on those things, though. Sounds nothing like Dunlop. That's why I'm a Morley fan. :)

8. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    I wonderd if you would chime in Boo. Didn't you just sell one?

9. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger Gold Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    A Power Wah Boost? Nope. But I've used one, as well as a chrome Power Wah.

I did sell a reissue Power Wah, which is similar to the original Power Wah Boost, a long while back. I'm also selling my current Morley Dual Bass Wah, but that's because it's not being used in my current band, and I could use the cash. It's easy to acquire if I want another one, so I'm not too bugged by selling it.

10. how do the morleys compare to the Dunlop 105q? I. Am not overly happy with mine. Too much mud and volume spike when it is all the way back(right before it shuts off)

11. Swimming Bird

Swimming Bird

Apr 18, 2006
    Wheaton MD
    Completely different animal. The sweep on Morleys tend to be more even (I think), so less funk, but a much larger sweep range. Also you have more control with an on switch so you can set it and leave it which is nice for a variety of tones.

12. IC...i like the upper tone of the Dunlop, it is just when it goes to shut off it almost distorts...I have never used a Morly, but i did see one used in the classifieds...hmmmm