Nexrt bass dillema

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Vinpaul, Oct 16, 2005.

1. Vinpaul

Vinpaul

Aug 24, 2005
    Melbourne, Aus
    Hey everyone. Ive always been a dude who has played 4 strings, tried a 5 string early one and just didnt feel right. Anyway my spector Q4 is in repairs so Ive had to use a mates Bass Collection 5 string in a couple of gigs for the time being. I have to say Im getting used to the 5 string. Its conveniant not having to detune for a couple of songs that we play and love doing slides etc on the B when it just rattles the whole place. Now Im looking to get a new bass soonish and Im torn whether to upgrade to a 4 or 5 string. Sucks wish I was in a position where I could afford both lol WE play loud rock and I think the 5 string could be handy in writing some new material (were definetely not nu metal, though lol more faith no moreish) but the 4 probably still feels slightly more comfortable. Im sure this is a dilemma many have faced before, now its my turn

2. You've got a 4 string, and have determined that a 5 string is usefull. The only dilema you have is to choose which 5 string you want :)

3. Vinpaul

Vinpaul

Aug 24, 2005
    Melbourne, Aus
    lol yeah that could be true. Definetely thinking a warwick, maybe a spector. A thumb or maybe a Jazzman could fit the bill :)