Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Nexrt bass dillema

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Vinpaul, Oct 16, 2005.

1. Vinpaul

Vinpaul

Aug 24, 2005
    Melbourne, Aus
    Hey everyone. Ive always been a dude who has played 4 strings, tried a 5 string early one and just didnt feel right. Anyway my spector Q4 is in repairs so Ive had to use a mates Bass Collection 5 string in a couple of gigs for the time being. I have to say Im getting used to the 5 string. Its conveniant not having to detune for a couple of songs that we play and love doing slides etc on the B when it just rattles the whole place. Now Im looking to get a new bass soonish and Im torn whether to upgrade to a 4 or 5 string. Sucks wish I was in a position where I could afford both lol WE play loud rock and I think the 5 string could be handy in writing some new material (were definetely not nu metal, though lol more faith no moreish) but the 4 probably still feels slightly more comfortable. Im sure this is a dilemma many have faced before, now its my turn

2. You've got a 4 string, and have determined that a 5 string is usefull. The only dilema you have is to choose which 5 string you want :)

3. Vinpaul

Vinpaul

Aug 24, 2005
    Melbourne, Aus
    lol yeah that could be true. Definetely thinking a warwick, maybe a spector. A thumb or maybe a Jazzman could fit the bill :)