Next Album?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by istaticl, Dec 3, 2001.

1. RHCP: Blood Sugar SEX Majik

9 vote(s)
  2. Stone Temple Pilots: Tiny Music

3 vote(s)
  3. Nirvana: Nevermind

8 vote(s)
  4. Radiohead: Kid A

5 vote(s)
  1. istaticl

Nov 29, 2000
    Prescott, AZ
    Time to get another album and I cant seem to choose. I need a little help and input on which to get. I have it narrowed down to 4, so any input is apreciated, or just vote. thanks
  2. Blood Sugar Sex Magik is a must have in any cd collection, and is work of genius as far as I'm concerned.

But on the other hand, Tiny Music is also a really great album. Other people might disagree but I love Stone Temple Pilots.

The choice has to be out of those two albums
  3. Tough choice! These are 4 of my favorite albums.

I voted for Kid A.
  4. RCHP put out one of the best albums ever with BSSM..... You have to get it... hands down.
  5. Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    I love TRHCP's but STP's Tiny music is a great disk to get!
  6. Radiohead's Kid A is very experimental. Fine if you're into that, but you should definitely listen to it a few times to know if it's for you. Don't know the STP's cd, but blood sugar sex magic is a must have. You can say what you want about Flea's technique and all, but song like Under the bridge and Give it away are simply great (fun to play too). Of course, nevermind is also a 'classic', but I would go for the RHCP.
  7. istaticl

Nov 29, 2000
    Prescott, AZ
    I have the bends and I really like it, is Kid A a big step in a different direction or just a little more experimental? Thanks for the input so far.
  8. backtoschool

Oct 24, 2000
    You will not be able to draw any relation from the bends with Kid A. Kid A is extremely experimental but I think it has to be the kind that will grow on you whether you like it the first listen or not. Truly one of the great albums of this generation.

Be careful though, I read in a article once that a reporter asked a kid why he just returned Kid A and his reply was something to the effect "I don't know man, I guess I'm just not smart enough to like it." If you do pick it up and enjoy it I think you might like some of the albums done by Mogwai such as Young Team or Rock Action.
  9. How can anyone not have 'Nevermind' in their collection? The other three albums are brilliant, but none of them are in the same league or had the same impact as 'Nevermind', an album that always appears amongst the top 5 or so albums of all time in nearly every poll. Unlike BSSM, every song is an absolute gem. But the other albums are really good too, especially 'Kid A' and 'BSSM'
    Yeah, 'Kid A' is about as far from 'The Bends' as an album could get. If you want another Radiohead album, I strongly suggest 'Ok computer'.
  10. tiny music is real good. Nevermind is *classic*. Kid A is good and Blood Sugar is extremely good. Get em all! :D
  11. I don' i reaaaaaally dislike nirvana...

oh well...i voted for STP because that is my fav album of the above...
  12. no collection is complete without Nevermind
  13. joke

Sep 17, 2001
    I agree with JR!

Nevermind is a classic album.
  14. Nevermind is the clear cut winner!!!
  15. joke

Sep 17, 2001
    I don't actually know why I voted for that to be my next album. I already bought it. Great Album.