1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Next Bass? (Bass selection help needed)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ajax1310, Mar 8, 2008.

1. ajax1310

ajax1310

Nov 18, 2007
    OK, so i started playing in December with a Peavey Zodiac + Amp combo and I've really enjoyed playing and am now looking to upgrade. I need suggestions for a new amp and Bass within 250- 600 dollars each. I'm really thinking about a Schecter Stiletto any suggestions?

2. ajax1310

ajax1310

Nov 18, 2007
    bump i could really use your opinions

3. shatterd

shatterd

Feb 24, 2008
    G&L Tribute L2000

Very diverse bass...lots of tonal possibilities. Nice low end and it growls!! Very good craftsmanship. Swamp ash body, maple neck, same exact electronics as the American made G&L. Here is a youtube demonstration.....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WT4AP58jC5o

I got mine from americanmusical and I am very happy with this bass.

4. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    What kind of music do you play? Are you going to play in bands, jams, school. church, bedroom?

5. ajax1310

ajax1310

Nov 18, 2007
    i just play for fun at the moment and i like to play classic rock ad roll 70s stuff

6. MyUsernameHere

MyUsernameHere ?????????????

Nov 3, 2007
    Lexington KY
    Don't know much about Schecter basses, but I agree with the guy who mentioned a G&L Tribby. They're about as good as it gets for a new instrument in that price range and would be perfect for classic rock IMO.

7. Sound Chaser

Sound Chaser

Mar 19, 2005
    Lockport, NY
    Yeah, G&Ls have all the best qualities of the classic rock staples (jazz, precision, rickenbacker, etc).

8. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    The other thing to consider is your preference in neck size.

A used MIJ Fender Jazz is a good choice for rock and a good condition model can be had for around $450.

9. bassalo

bassalo

Jan 23, 2008
    CT
    Definitely try or buy the Stiletto Elite. (Trying = buying). You will not be disappointed. Very fast and smooth neck, sweet sound and looks. I love mine.

[​IMG]

10. ajax1310

ajax1310

Nov 18, 2007
    im really thinking about the stiletto custom 4 string i really dig the look and from what i've read it seems like a solid bass

11. Earwigger

Earwigger I'm a Roland man now.

Aug 23, 2005
    Cleveland, Ohio
    I can't urge you to stay away from the Studio's enough. The Schecter Diamond series are really fake sounding and are very one-dimensional. The EQ is really cheesy as well. IMO, of course.

If you want a great sounding bass, the G&L 2000 is your man. Built like a tank, with a REAL preamp and good pickups.