Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Next bass..cant decide!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by kirbywrx, Apr 27, 2003.

1. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    I just cant decide which 4 stringer to save up for next!

Cort
    or
    Fender

What i want in a bass:
    I want fret dots. I dont care how girly it sounds, i want and need them I want a bass that can have alot of low-end, but still have the same sound to hold down a groove and a decent slap sound.

Cort:
    I have my eye on the curbow 4. The way it looks, its just something different. Light, small, portable and even sounds good :D Only $999 aswell. No dots :( I love the blue color that it comes in.

Fender:
    Standard Jazz- Cheaper, but still more expensive than the Cort. Its a proper fender, none of these cheap imitations that im so used to :D I dont know what it sounds like, and no dots :(. not many color options

Deluxe Jazz- Better than the standard. Has dots :D Dont know what it sounds like. Much much more than the cort and Standard. Better wood, p/ups, electronics etc etc.

I dont know how these basses compare with one and other, so thats why im starting this thread! I really have alot on the cort, but can i go better with the standard j? can you guys gimme a few pros and cons about these axes?
    Cheers
    -kirby

2. Skerik1

Skerik1

Sep 21, 2002
    Saint Paul, MN
    This message is entirely my opinion, so you can take it or leave it.

Don't get a Curbow. They're terrible. To me, balance is one of the most important characteristics in a bass, and the Curbow has NO balance AT ALL. When sitting with it resting on your knee, if you let go, it shows no mercy and the neck nack falls to the floor.

If I were you, I'd get a Spector Professional Series Bass. They're great. And I just happen to have one for sale :D It's an NS2000 Neck-thru four string. They don't make these anymore!

If you're interested, send me an e-mail or private message me. I'll sell it to you for WAY less than a Curbow or Fender.

--Matthew

3. way_of_opiatism

way_of_opiatism 28d, 6h, 42m, 12 seconds

Feb 5, 2003
    Cobb!
    i really dont like jazz basses one bit. but today i played a dlx jazz custom shop, which granted was 1500 bucks, and couldnt put it down. i actually liked the jazz tone it had and the neck was great. i was really thrilled with the overall quality of that bass.

4. Matt R Miller

Matt R Miller

Apr 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    the high end fender jazzes are excellent. id go with one of those hands down over a cort