1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Next build ideas?

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by dave-chaulk, Apr 28, 2010.

1. I'm not sure if this belongs in luthier's corner, but mods move if not.

So, I'm about to come into some money and want to do another build, but I can't decide what to do! Here's my ideas. opinions on these, please;
    all fretless!

Rickenbacker 4001 copy - neck through with humbucking pickups (non-ric electronics). maple body with maple neck-through+walnut stringer and fingerboard.

6-string - maybe inspired by the Ibanez ones. bolt-on neck, 2.75 or so at the nut, 35" scale. single humbucker, maybe a bridge Piezo if I can find one. maybe another pine body.. I like those.

5-string single-cut neck-through, maybe a cedar body with darker highlights on the body, and a 3 or 5 piece maple neck + stringers to match FB.

Those are just a few ideas.. any more will be appreciated.

2. Musiclogic

Musiclogic Commercial User

Aug 6, 2005
    Southwest Michigan
    Owner/Builder: HJC Customs USA, The Cool Lute, C G O
    Triple neck, piezo, magnetic, and acoustic all in one. Other than that a nice 6 string piezo bass would be cool.