Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Next Effect(s) again...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ImNotGeddyLee, Jul 19, 2001.

1. Its time for my monthly 45 minute ride to guitar center and want a new toy. Unless i find a used Ernie Ball Stingray or Warwick Thumb, its probably just going to be a new pedal or two. I have my mxr phase 90; dunlop bass wah; and boss flanger, bass overdrive, and bass chorus.

I have been looking at the following items:
    Boss Twin Series Equalizer
    Line6 Filter Modeler
    Q-Tron (or any other good envelope filter)
    and the Voodoo Labs Sparkle Overdrive (blends clean sound with overdrive sound)
    does anyone have any of these effects and have anything to say about them. I would also love any recomendations to any other effects not listed here. thanks for your help guys.

2. Ever consider an Electroharmonix Bass Balls? You definatly need to at least try one out.

3. i tried it and i kinda liked the sound but it just didnt seem like i could use it. I like envelope filters for funk but thats just a little to much for me.

4. That filter modeler seems really cool.. I've heard a bunch of sound samples.

5. Hey, Get a Boss Dynamic Wah I put the Boss Bass Chorus into the AW-3 it's my favorite chain. You can get very cool synth sounds. the Chorus preserves my low end but the Auto Wah covers the top end, nothing organic comes through.

I like my Q-tron+ allot too.

6. JohnP

JohnP

Jun 9, 2001
    Chicago
    Endorsing Artist: Rick Turner Guitars, DTAR, Seymour Duncan,
    get the fm 4..you'll put off going back for new toys for a long time ( at least a month...).it's a deep pedal. mutrons/humanizers/a zvex seek wah, an oberheim sample and hold, and 3 or 4 mono synths that are very nice. It actually could have been at least two different pedals, they crammed a lot of things into this.

it also sounds better than the roland aw 3 (had one, sent it back) and the syb3 (same deal)

for overdrive- a Dredgetone Angler..great bass od pedal, and not too $$ either.

If you really get bored, try making your own pedalboard..loads of GAS related fun...but you'll get to know your pedals VERY well.

7. nirvanarules28

nirvanarules28

Mar 7, 2001
    Get the Q-Tron, or any other BIG envelope filter. The Bassballs pedal is cool, but it sounds like you are an experienced bassist and if you want an envelope filter, you should get a good one. IMO, the Bassballs pedal is just for fun, its not a real good envelope filter. So, you should get the Q-Tron or maybe the BassIQ triple envelope filter. Choose wisely and have fun with the new toy/toys.

8. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Check out a BOSS OC-2 Octaver - one of my favorite FX :)

9. i think that filter modeler is going to be ym next toy. I tried the boss dynamic wah and wasnt greatly impressed and i really dislike octave pedals...
    oh and i already did build my own pedal board with a home made pedal for it. It is a bypass send and recieve pedal so i can cancel out my effects and go directly to my amp with true bypass. It also powers ALL my pedals with PLENTY of power to spare for my next toys. I might start manufacturing these and selling them on ebay because they are really great if you use a lot of effects on stage.

10. maimz

maimz

Jul 23, 2001
    Ontario, Canada
    get the lovetone meatball....its the ****...i mean if bootsy is using it then it has to rock....there is also the mutron III+ which is the reissue of the original bootsy box......im so down with funk its stankin up the room.....