Next new amp from my starting Combo: any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Turbo, May 3, 2005.

1. Both are good, i think people will probably suggest the yorkville over the peavey, altho i prefer the peaveys, built like tanks :)
  2. ale_vanlager

Jun 30, 2004
    Buffalo NY
    I had a that peavey a while back and yes it's true, their are well built but totally toneless. So that's the will last, but will you like the tone? You know, I had a really nice Roland amp that served me quite well. It was a DB500 with 150 watts (IIRC) and a 12". Very versatile, they don't make them anymore, but if you have the chance you could try their new cube bass. Should be about the same idea.
  3. Peavey has really put a lot more features into the TNTs. That being said, I bought one before I knew any better and it never worked well for me for a gig, ever. I always just had to forget about low end entirely and tweak the thing into a honker to get any audible volume against a drummer. At practice levels it has been a champ and I leave it at a party house for whomever to use and it works great for that, indestructible.

In conclusion, IMO, if you are upgrading to get a gig worthy amp, forget about the TNT. If you intend on staying at the house with the amp and just want a nice durable amp that does what it it supposed to do with no complaints, the TNT is great.

I haven't tried the Yorkville

4. I went n got a second firebass and 4x10 instead of a TNT in the first place, so ive got lots of headroom, works really well at gigs :)
  5. Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    I bought a used Avatar 4x10 ($100!! Great deal!) and a used Peavey Max 450 ($300. Normal deal.) and thats what I gig with.

Avatar + Peavey > Yorkville/Peavey combo.
  6. IGM

I'll bet you do have plenty of headroom :cool:

I had to use the TNT recently because a foolish g****rist shorted out my eden with beer at a gig. Ran to said party house, grabbed the thing, plugged it in and :crying: :crying: :crying: prayed that my eden/acme would survive. Cruel reminder of how far my rig has come.