Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Next purchase, NEED HELP!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TitchM, Feb 10, 2002.

1. Hey guys. Im lookin around at the mo for a new bass. I woz just wondering what you people thought? I woz thinkin either a Musicman Stingray 4, or a Fender Jazz Bass A-series. Over here the Fender costs less, by about oh £300, but will be willing to stump up the cash. Just interested in what you had to say, should I go with the cheaper Fender, or save for the Musicman? :confused:

2. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    What kind of music do you play?? They are both great basses, but they are also two different animals, IMHO. Personally, I prefer the Stingray over the Fender Jazz, but that is just my personal preference.

Try them both, which one sounds/feels better to you?? Buy the one that does.

3. I play stuff from Jazz to Rock. I have to admit, the Stingray DID feel good. The only thing is the money, (£900-1200), it'll just take a while I guess. Being a student... patience is a virtue an all that...