Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Next step in basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JoBo-86, Aug 20, 2001.

1. hey guys i own a hamer slammer bass, i think its somewhat of a beginner bass, (i think i got it for about $150 at a half off sale ($300), new) and i was wonder what the next step up would be as far as bass guitar wise. thanks

2. It's not how much you pay for it, its how well it plays and sounds that makes it worth more. I'd say a Fender Deluxe series would be a step up from that though....but check how they play, personally I think the necks are too big....but what you should do is go to the music store nearest you that has the biggest selection and play everything....see what you like and remember the stuff. The only person that really can determine between whats a step up from what you have now is you.
    Christopher

3. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    i would say the basses you could get for 300-500 used.

4. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    BTW, i don't get what the whole "Your Mom..." fad is. What is it? Does "Yo' Mom" suppose to be an insult? To me, it sounds like an incomplete clause.

5. yea i must admit it is abit immature but i couldnt think of anything at the time. and BTW its, "your mom's house" no "yo mom" . ii dont see how thats an imcomplete clause

6. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    I was refering to the fad that everyone keeps on saying, not your sig. There are a bunch of idiots at my school that when they are asked a question, they answer, "Your (or Yo', sometimes they don't even complete your) mom."

7. ok. but yea i know what ur talking about, know a few people like that

8. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.
    what?