1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Next time you watch that product demo...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by monsterthompson, Nov 19, 2018.

1. monsterthompson

monsterthompson The Eighth Note Wonder Of The World Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Hollywood
    Keep this in mind.
    Inside the Pricey War to Influence Your Instagram Feed

In interviews, more than a dozen people involved in influencer marketing expressed concerns over the ethics of the burgeoning industry, where brands routinely shell out well over $60,000 in exchange for one video review—or upwards of $85,000 to publicly disparage a competitor’s product. The activity is not confined to reviews. Influencers with a sizable following rarely have to purchase products in their niche. Makeup, clothing, plants, books, you name it—all come free, often delivered to the influencer’s home or office in a highly Instagrammable box.

2. lz4005

lz4005

Oct 22, 2013
    You mean all content you get for free is really advertising? I for one am shocked.

Nashrakh likes this.
  3. monsterthompson

monsterthompson The Eighth Note Wonder Of The World Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Hollywood
    I was, too. It was a good thing I was already sitting down when I read the article.

Passinwind likes this.