1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Next Warmoth build - 51 P

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JGR, Feb 28, 2008.

1. JGR

JGR The "G" is for Gustav Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 29, 2006
    Maryland
    President, CEO, CFO, CIO, Chief Engineer, Technician, Janitor - Reiner Amplification
    I ordered the parts a few days ago for my second Warmoth build. Body (see attached) is an alder 51 slab finished in vintage white. Weight is 5.2 pounds, so based on my last build, the bass should weigh in around 9.5 total. It will get a tortoise 51 style pickguard. The neck is a maple jazz with the tele headstock, 6100 frets, finished in satin vintage tint. I managed to snag a chrome Gotoh 206 off ebay for $25 (body was routed for this bridge) - they have been discontinued. Gonna put the tele bridge cover on it. Tuners are Hipshot ultralights.

The body is routed for a battery box on the back so I thought I'd go with a preamp - due to the minimal controls on the tele design, the East BTB-01 preamp fit the bill nicely. Haven't seen too much info posted here, but the specs looks very interesting. It's a stacked bass/treble unit, bass is boost only at 50Hz, while the treble boosts at 3kHz, and cuts at 1 kHz. I like where the frequencies are centered and I think it will add some nice versatility to the SCPB pickup which will be a SD hot. I like the simplicity of the single volume along with a stacked bass/treble control. Very streamlined, but hopefully somewhat versatile.

Should have the body and neck in about 3 weeks so I'll post when it is all done.

JR

Attached Files:

2. Andy_colassal

Andy_colassal

Nov 21, 2006
    Regina, SK
    looks cool!