1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NFL 2017 Week #13

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by mrpackerguy, Nov 28, 2017.

Tags:
  1. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Pack / Tampa

Maybe the cold weather will chill the Bucs enough.
    And maybe Hundley will put 2 good games back-to-back.
    And maybe McCarthy will call a good game.
    And maybe The D will play stout enough.
    And maybe the Pack will continue to force turnovers like they did against the Steelers.
    And maybe pigs will fly.

Pack 21 Tampa 24

2. Funky Ghost

Funky Ghost Translucently Groovy

Maybe the Titans will want it enough.
    And maybe the Texans haven't lost enough.
    And Maybe the use of of Henry as the primary back will continue.
    And MAYBE the Titans will remember that they are a RUN first team and forget the notions of pass-happy delusions.

It might happen. Shah, and monkeys might fly out of my butt!

The Texans are ok against the run but without key pieces should be dead tired by the 3rd where Henry and Delany can abuse them. IF the Titans minimize mistakes.

Holding my breath

Titans 28
    Texans 17

mrpackerguy likes this.
  3. Gaolee

Gaolee Official leathers tester and crash dummy

Seahawks play the Eagles. I expect that Seahawks will be road kill even though they are at home.

4. XXL

XXL

Jun 14, 2007
    Monday night game in Cincy. I just hope the Bungles don't go head hunting and injure Bell or Brown. I have a bad feeling that the Cincy defense cares more about injuring a Steeler than a win or a loss.

If it's a fair game.. Steelers win 21-17

5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I think Seattle beats Philadelphia.

-Mike

6. Funky Ghost

I think the sacrificial lamb of the week will be Arizona.

7. Denver finds a way to lose. It seems to be getting easier for them.

8. dwm74

dwm74

Nov 8, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ
    ^ Eh, not so fast, Funky Ghost. ^

It's a division game, and Arizona is at home. Plus we have the new and improved Blaine Gabbert! :hyper:

I know, I'm being overly optimistic, but hey, with a win we're a .500 team! Oh boy.

And for the safest prediction of all, I'm guessing the Browns do NOT lose their goose egg in the 'W' column this week against the Chargers. 0-12 is in their future.

9. Funky Ghost

Geno Smith gets the start for the G Men. Take a seat Eli, there's a new kid in town. :eek:

GregC likes this.
  10. twelvetrombones

twelvetrombones Martian Ambassador Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2017
    Portland, OR
    The Ravens have that 8-8 look about them. I don't trust them. It'll take a much better effort to beat Detroit.

11. The finger-pointing in Denver is blaming everyone from John Elway to the guys who sweep out the locker room. After their 4th QB change of the year QB #1 is back as the starter.

My prediction: for the start of the season next year, you'll need a program because most of the names on the field and coaching won't be coming back.

12. ptg

ptg

Mar 16, 2008
    I have been a Giants fan since I was about 10 years old.

I hope the Giants lose 100-0. This is an absolute disgrace.

dwm74, Pacman and Funky Ghost like this.
  13. Funky Ghost

My brother is also a fan and hasn't watched a game this season. The NFL are hemorrhaging fans at a pretty alarming rate. Owners and players have equal parts in the exodus imo.

svtb15 likes this.
  14. ptg

ptg

Mar 16, 2008
    I personally have no problem with the protests and I'm sure the money will continue to roll in but the league sure seems to be shooting itself in the foot, that's for sure.

15. Funky Ghost

The protests dont bother me at all. The product on the field and the disparity between the rhetoric and the actions have really started to sour me ( and presumably many many others ). I've been watching much more All Blacks ( OUTSTANDING game against Wales but man it was tough rowing early on! ) and Arsenal games this year. I've watched exactly 1 NFL game and I didn't make it all the way through. I'll watch the Super Bowl. Maybe.

16. ptg

ptg

Mar 16, 2008
    For me it's two things...

I'll give you a "for instance": player catches the ball in the end zone and rolls out of bounds. Touchdown! No, wait, the last 1/16" of the ball was moving after he fell on his back. After review...no touchdown! (Drives me nuts)

More importantly, it seems like there is an injury on every play. I love the sport for the strategy and for the athleticism of the players but I hate to see people getting hurt over and over again. I don't see a way to fix it as I know that a certain level of "violence" is an integral part of the game, but just like in baseball with the pitchers, the injuries are getting in the way of enjoying the sport (not speaking for anyone but myself).

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
  17. Funky Ghost

This is just me talking, but it seems to me that a lot of the injuries seem to be of the player not taking proper care of their body sort. Stretching, eating properly and using proper technique when fulfilling their roll. There are the unfortunate injuries that come by way of accident of course but by and large it seems to me a good deal could have been prevented with proper prep.

18. I increasingly suspect that injuries in football are (to some degree) training so extensively that the muscles overpower the tendons and connective tissue in the body. There's also the factor that so many people are injured by side impacts or someone rolling into an ankle or knee. Getting rolled on by a 250-300-pound linebacker or lineman is enough to snap anyone's ACL/MCL/ankle. Bodies are getting so big that they are weapons on their own.

Funky Ghost likes this.
  19. Gaolee

Gaolee Official leathers tester and crash dummy

I hope you are correct. But, I am a Mariners trained fan.

20. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Geno Smith? Wow Giants.

-Mike

Pilgrim likes this.