1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NFL 2017 Week 4

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by mrpackerguy, Sep 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Packers Bears

Packers just aren't healthy enough. 7 starters were out last week and that's not changing much on a short week Thursday night game. Bears D has been tough. If Daniels sits, look for Howard to have a big night. If Pack can force a couple turnovers it could be a nail biter.

But I'm going
    Pack 28
    Bears 31

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Come on Raiders!

-Mike

TOOL460002 likes this.
  3. ptg

ptg

Mar 16, 2008
    Giants are playing...doesn't matter...we lost

4. Gaolee

Gaolee Official leathers tester and crash dummy

If the Seahawks don't beat the Colts, then they are on their way to being the Browns this year.

Mariners win the world series in 2018!

5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    The Seattle defense is making me look bad.

-Mike

6. Rodent

Rodent A Killer Pickup Lineā„¢ Commercial User

Dec 20, 2004
    Upper Left Corner (Seattle)
    Player-Builder-Founder: Honey Badger Pickups & Regenerate Guitar Works
    Why dis the Browns like that? :D

FWIW as of this past weekend, the Browns continue to widen their lead over the Hawks in total points scored for the season.

Gaolee likes this.
  7. Gaolee

They are testing to see if I'm a fair weather fan or if I'm a devoted idiot like I am for the Mariners and Huskies.

8. Gaolee

Plus OBJ did something really amazing and then topped it off by doing something really nuts.

9. mrpackerguy

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    MJ5150 likes this.
  10. ptg

ptg

Mar 16, 2008
    It's sad...The guy has so much talent and yet is so clueless. Can you imagine if he did that when Parcells was the coach?

11. D M C

D M C Oh good god, this again? Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2015
    North America, Earth
    I recommend pepperoncini as a dietary supplement.
    The Browns are the only team in the NFL that so far in this young season, has not had a lead. Not once. Ever. They've played from behind all season. They are a bad team and I see absolutely no hope for them. None. Ever.

No hope. :(

12. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    Y'know what D M C? I'm an old guy, and a life-long Steelers fan. (I'm not real happy with them currently, but that's another story altogether.)

The way your Browns have been building their team with top draft picks, it's inevitable that they're eventually gonna' compete in their Division. I actually think you have some good years ahead to look forward to.

13. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

As the Godfadda might say, "It's not personal, it's just football."

14. twelvetrombones

twelvetrombones Martian Ambassador Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2017
    Portland, OR
    I hope the Ravens are mad at themselves for how crappily they did in London.

ii7-V7 likes this.
  15. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

Half of Denver feels like Trevor Siemian just showed that the season is doomed. The other half feel like it's just a one-game divot.

I'm watching the hysterics and rending of garments....rather amusing. But if gives the sports foofs something to agonize about.

16. D M C

D M C Oh good god, this again? Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2015
    North America, Earth
    I recommend pepperoncini as a dietary supplement.
    You are a kind man, but no. They've had top draft picks since 1999. A once proud franchise; Jim Brown, Otto Graham, Brian Sipe, Bernie Kosar, etc., is gone. They may return to the top, but I don't think it will happen in my lifetime.

17. That's what I'm afraid of.

18. mrpackerguy

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Keep up hope. Tha Packers had utter futility in the 70s and 80s but with the right GM and coach, the magic returned.

19. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    Good point. I suffered through the Steelers being one of, if not THE worst team in the league in the 50's & 60's before getting it all together in the '70s. The Browns time will come again at some point.

20. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Yeah, the "celebration" on its own is just annoying but doesn't bother me a ton. But celebrating in such a way when you make a gazillion dollars a minute, your contract is up, and your team is 0 and 3 seems a bit....impractical.