1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NFL 2018 Week #10

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by mrpackerguy, Nov 6, 2018.

1. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Pack/Miami - Greg! Rockwood Lodge
    You'd think the Pack could put one game of positives together, but I'm guessing something will go bad - offense, defense, special teams - take your pick. Been that way all season. Pack to an early lead, Dolphins come back to make it a nail biter
    Pack 28
    Miami 27

2. Clark Dark

Clark Dark

Mar 3, 2005
    earth
    If the game is at Lambeau I feel the Pack will have a field day:cool: Double digit win.

Skins' had big injury losses Sunday and 'Boys just can't get it together, looks like the door opened for the Eagles to win the East again. Tim Jernigan may play against the 'boys, Fletcher can use that help.

3. 54-33 going into week 10, got on a bit of a roll last week. Hopefully I can keep it going this week....so here goes:

TNF:

Panthers @ Steelers - The Panthers have been feeding on either weak or weakening teams. The Steelers are on an upward trajectory right now, and at home. The Steelers D has seen the most important part of beating the Panters - hit sCam early, hit him often, and he crumbles like a stale cookie: he starts pressing and sailing passes 5+ yards over the outstretched hands of his tallest receiver. Count on the Steelers attacking the questionable offensive line of the Panters, forcing sCam "Figs" Nootun into making copious mental errors, and eventually he will become a turnover machine - side prediction: at least two INT's for sCammy. (I won't hide my disdain for that fakir, ever. He's a TE masquerading as a QB, Tim Tebow with more luck and a better supporting cast)

On the other side, the Steelers ground game will have success against an aging Pampers D, and will grind them down.

It won't be a blowout, but it will be a clear win for the Steelers. Pampers 23 Steelers 30

Sunday Early Games:

Saints @ Bengals - OK, yeah, I thought the Bengals were something to worry about at one time. They have managed to prove me wrong, and yeah, I'm off their bandwagon - not just because they're playing my Saints either. I don't see them ending up in the playoffs now.

This won't be a cakewalk for the Saints, however. My guess is that they will make a game of it for a while, before the Saints balanced offensive attack grinds them down. It will start tight, but by the end of the 3rd quarter, it will be all over but the crying. Who Dat whups Who Dey - Saints 42 Bengals 27

Falcons @ Browns - Ugh. :spit: I almost want to do something highly distasteful and pick the Fails here...but, in good conscience I cannot. Upset special time, Mayfield has a career day against a 28-3er defense with enough holes in it to be a spaghetti strainer. Fails 28 Brownies 31

Lions @ Bears - Right. I'm done with the Lions. Lions 13 Bears 24

Cardinals @ Chiefs - Really? Cards 10 Chiefs 34

Patriots @ Titans - Titans woke up and played football last week. Won't matter much this week. They'll make the Pats work a bit for it however. Pats 31 Titans 23

Redskins @ Buccaneers - Will the real Redskins please raise their hands? The real Bucs already have. ;) Not even close. Skins 27 Bucs 13

Bills @ Jets - I'm really happy this one isn't in prime time for some stupid reason. Really happy. Stinker of the week game. The Jets win this one handily, but not because they're good, because the Bills are that bad. Bills 9 Jets 17

Jaguars @ Colts - Whoda thunk this would be a close game a few weeks ago? The Jags can't score to save their lives, and that will be a real issue here, despite their above average defense. Jags 17 Colts 24

Sunday Late Games:

Chargers @ Raiders - Really? Take 2. Raider Nation, how y'all feeling about Chucky, Round 2? ;) Chargers 45 Raiders 13 (if I could give negative points, I would)

Seahawks @ Rams - The 'Hawks have been improving a bit week-to-week, but that won't be enough this week. They will keep it close, but won't really threaten to win. Seahawks 24 Rams 31

Dolphins @ Packers - Anyone that thinks the Phins will travel to Lambeau and win this week is in need of psychiatric care. They are delusional to a dangerous level, and should be kept secured for their own safety. A-Rod and his boys will take out their frustration at the losses from the past two weeks on Giraffeweiler and company in front of a really loud home crowd. Lots of Lambeau Leaps. Phins 13 Packers 34

SNF:

Cowboys @ Eagles - If ever there were a "get well" game being setup for a team, this is it for the Eagles. At home against the 2nd worst team in the NFC Least (worst division in the NFC by far this year). Won't be much of a contest at all. Cowboys 17 Eagles 31

MNF:

Giants @ 49ers - Another prime time stinker! :spit: Can we PLEASE flex out of these crappy prime time matches? Please? :rollno: The 49ers will find another QB eating out of the dumpster behind the practice facility, put him on the field, and against a really BAD opponent, he will look like a world-beater. Saquon Barkley will NOT save the Giants season, QB, and coach from what is about to happen - there will be a fire sale by the end of the season in northern NJ. Giants 17 49ers 27

...and there we go...

TOOL460002 likes this.
  4. dwm74

dwm74

Nov 8, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ
    You really think the Cards defense can hold Mahomes and the Chiefs to only 34 points? Or was that just your prediction for the first half? :D

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
  5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Finally, @Gard doesn't pick the Bengals, but it took Drew Brees to convince him. :D

-Mike

6. There are teams I wouldn't have picked them to beat...the Rams for example, or the Pats. And at this point, based on a more statistically significant sample, there are quite a few more, like the Steelers...who I am definitely picking this week (they BETTER show up! ;) )

7. Well, I was being polite.

At least they aren't the Raiders! :eek: ;)

dwm74 likes this.
  8. Gaolee

Gaolee Official leathers tester and crash dummy

I don't know about the Browns' chances. If they win, I will be happy. If not, no surprise. The Seahawks will be road kill this weekend. They are a couple games from officially being in rebuild mode.

Phone spell check is really weird this evening. Or I am tired from being on a plane half the day. Either way, it is amusing.

9. fretter

fretter

May 24, 2012
    PA
    Wow, the Cowboys really collapsed after their first two scores against the Titans. Eagles vs. Titans was a closer game. An Eagles win should be possible here. Let's see how well Golden Tate adjusts to his new quarterback.

10. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    I think your nails will be fully intact, Bob. Rodgers vs. Osweiler? No contest. A bloodbath is coming.

11. MJ5150

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I have a feeling Tomlin will be coaching the Ravens in the future. The next year or maybe the year after that.

-Mike

Pacman likes this.
  12. redwingxix

redwingxix

Oct 21, 2015
    detroit
    I don't think the Colts/ jags score will be nearly that close. That team is a shell of itself. And I don't think Fournette returning is going to matter much for their season. They really botched the QB/ WR situation for what could have been a pretty successful team.

Probably don't have to worry about crosby missing five kicks against the dolphins and losing to a vastly inferior team two times this season.

I am looking forward to eagles/ cowboys. Interesting to see how tate does and for some reason I always enjoy watching the cowboys lose on a national game. Even though I know the answer every year I wonder if maybe this is the offseason that Jones hires a GM.

13. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Saints just signed Dez Bryant

14. MJ5150

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    That may work out for both parties.

-Mike

15. There are rumbles about the Packers possibly cutting McCarthy loose after the season. Evidently he and Rodgers are not getting on well.

There will be a vacancy in Denver. I'd love to see McCarthy here.

16. I am...ambivalent...about this news.

If, IF, Bryant can avoid his typical cranial-rectal inversion issues, he MAY be an asset going forward. I don't think either Payton or Brees will put up with my BS from him either, and since he's signed to a fairly inexpensive (for a pro football player with his resume) contract, flat cutting him if he goes all DEZ!!! won't be something Payton will avoid.

My thinking is that Dez held out for a contender to reach out, passing up possible big payday deals (Browns, etc) or less certain situations (Vikings); the Saints have been waiting for Cameron Meredith to pan out, but he can't get over whatever hump is in his path, and they need a solid #2/#3 option for the rest of the season that Meredith isn't going to be providing.

It could be good, and if it isn't, it won't be too painful for the team. For Dez, keeping his head on and mouth shut could lead to him getting some jewelry he really would like to have (and we all know Dez likes jewelry! :spit: ;) ). So, yeah, Mike is correct, it MAY work out for both parties. Or not.

I don't think they NEED him, but it is an affordable luxury to have that skill set on tap, if it works out.

Here's a fun thought - guess who's playing on TNF 11/29? Saints @ Cowboys. You KNOW Dez would like to poke the entire organization right in the eye, and Payton is just petty enough to work with that idea.

Dez pays homage to TO after a TD in Big D? Oh my, that might make the highlight reel! ;)

17. twelvetrombones

twelvetrombones Martian Ambassador Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2017
    Portland, OR
    Dear Lord why? The Ravens need some creative offensive mind (or someone who is willing to hire a creative offensive mind as OC) as a HC.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
  18. MJ5150

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    His knee, and it may be a hump he never gets over.
    As Dez joins Saints, WR Meredith going to IR
    When you dig a little deeper into the story, the Saints signed him as damaged goods. The Saints were obviously fully aware of the injury and surgery, and surely had more intimate knowledge of the situation than what we know.
    However, Bears fans and the Chicago media have done a 180 on Bears GM Ryan Pace. Lauding him for letting Meredith walk in free agency after all.

-Mike

19. I'll take Loomis & Payton gambling. They did the same type of bet on Brees, and it turned out pretty spectacularly. I was on the fence about Meredith, he looked OK the few times he got on the field, but it appears his rehab isn't over yet. I won't be calling it a "loss" until next season.

20. Funky Ghost

Funky Ghost Translucently Groovy

I think the Ravens will be getting a Steeler, but not Tomlin. I think Mr "em egduj t'noD" will be in that backfield.

grrg63 likes this.