1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NFL 2018 Week #11

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by mrpackerguy, Nov 13, 2018.

1. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Pack/Seattle on Thursday night Rockwood Lodge
    Short turn around for both teams and long flight for the Pack.
    Except for some irregularities, weird and snakebit season for the pack.
    Would not surprise me to see Seattle knock the Pack out of the playoff talk.
    Rodgers just isn't right; secondary in dissaray all season with new faces and trades; several key injuries; suspect play calling; underutilized running game which is there if used.
    Pack 26 Seattle 34

2. Funky Ghost

Funky Ghost Translucently Groovy

Show me Titans.

Beat the Colts.

Low84 likes this.
  3. Gaolee

Gaolee Official leathers tester and crash dummy

As a Seattle homer, I hope you are right. I would be happy with a Fail Mary win. The Seahawks are right on the edge of being a decent team. The defense just can't quite make the stops they need to make. It's a big change from a few years ago when the defense won games and hid the awful offense. My expectation is that Rogers will pick them apart. It's going to come down to whether Wilson can pick apart Green Bay just a little more or just a little less.

4. dwm74

dwm74

Nov 8, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ
    Uh oh! Lowly Arizona hosts the even-lowlier Raiders. Will they beat the spread? Or beat themselves? It'll be a pretty low point if they can't handle them on their home turf. Hopefully Rosen and Fitzgerald have a field day and send the home crowd home happy. Cards 31 Raiders 14

Funky Ghost likes this.
  5. Funky Ghost

All I know is David Johnson caught a bazillion passes last game and Carr threw the ball away on 4th down.

I see misery and pain in the black hole.

On a personal note my cousin, Lisa-Marie, has been a season ticket holder of the Raiders for over 20 years. This season she hasn't been able to give a seat away ( to see the game with her ) since week 3. I almost went with her out of pity.

Almost.

6. dwm74

dwm74

Nov 8, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ
    Growing up in the Pittsburgh area, as an 8-yr-old kid I was a Raiders fan. Loved Lamonica, Biletnikoff, Blanda, et al, and even painted over my Steelers helmet..painting it silver and making the Raiders logos out of electrical tape and an X-acto knife. (Needless to say, I was not popular in my neighborhood on Sundays.) But I eventually converted back to the local team when they started winning and made it to Super Bowls. (All this occurred prior to the George Atkinson/Chuck Noll feud).

I'm guessing current Raiders fans are already moving on, since this will be the second time the team has abandoned Oakland.

7. Funky Ghost

Heh, I was an Oilers fan in Philly as a kid. It wasn't as egregious as it could have been but I took my fair share of grief :D

dwm74 likes this.
  8. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    My uncle's hated the Raiders. They burned it into my head to hate them too, so I did back then.
    When I got a little older, I started liking the Raiders to spite them.

-Mike

dwm74 and Funky Ghost like this.
  9. Funky Ghost

Much like the Steelers, 49ers, Texans and Raiders I tend to like the teams more than I like the fans of those teams. Except the Cowboys. I hate them and their fans equally. :D

drummer5359 likes this.
  10. MJ5150

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
  11. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    I hated the Raiders in the '70s and '80s. Biletnikoff had to be the biggest stickum user/abuser ever. Jack Tatum, 'nuff said. Dave Casper and the Holy Roller, barf. That never should have been allowed to stand.

MJ5150 likes this.
  12. Gaolee

Gaolee Official leathers tester and crash dummy

I rooted for the Bears and Browns as a kid. They were both good but not great off and on. This is why being a Mariners fan is not fatal. Early training.

The Browns cannot lose this coming weekend.

13. redwingxix

redwingxix

Oct 21, 2015
    detroit
    Glad to see that the league moved the mexico city game to an actual surface that is going to get people killed. I was really not expecting that to happen.

MJ5150 likes this.
  14. redwingxix

redwingxix

Oct 21, 2015
    detroit
    I can't believe there's a possibility that I could be jealous of the success of my wife's beloved Lions but the Raiders are in serious trouble for a long time with this guy running things:

We're about to find out how accurate Jon Gruden was with his pre-draft assessment of former Pitt quarterback Nathan Peterman.

In the days leading up to the NFL Draft back in April, there was a lot of debate about who the top quarterback was. Some people thought it was Deshaun Watson, some people thought it was Mitchell Trubisky and other people thought it was Patrick Mahomes. However, that's not how Gruden saw things.

The former Buccaneers coach had an interesting prediction for Peterman: Gruden said he would be the rookie quarterback best suited to start in the NFL from Day 1.

Before the draft, Gruden wrote extensively on why he thought Peterman was the most pro-ready quarterback in the 2017 class.

"Peterman is ready to walk in and be a contributor from day one," Gruden wrote on ESPN.com in April. "He just looks like a pro quarterback -- coming out of the huddle, running an offense with different formations, shifting, motioning, different patterns that other colleges don't run. Peterman will recognize route combinations and associate formations."

whole article from last year linked below.

Jon Gruden made wild prediction about Nathan Peterman before 2017 NFL Draft

GregC and Gard like this.
  15. OK, first of all...redwingxix, thanks for that, just more proof that Gruden is a joke. I actually feel sorry for the Raider Nation right now...

...moving on, 64-37 to start week 11, fun times!

TNF:

Packers @ Seahawks - Tough one to pick, actually. Both teams are underachievers that have played the Rams tough, and this should be a fun one to watch. Not really sure, so I'll go with the home field 3. Packers 24 Seahawks 27

Sunday Early Games:

Cowboys @ Falcons - If ever there were a game that I would love a tie in, we have found it. I think the Cowboys running game will end up smothering the Fails D, so the fans of "Uh-murr-i-kah's Teem" will get one more week to think they're relevant. Cowboys 31 Falcons 24

Bengals @ Ravens - Bengals are skinned and a rug by the fireplace now. They actually went out and hired Hue Jackson as their DC. Seriously. Bengals 20 Ravens 30

Panthers @ Lions - Ugh. Can Matt Patricia get one more big game out of his guys? Probably not. But, hope springs eternal, and here's Upset Special #1 for this weekend. Panthers 23 Lions 31

Titans @ Colts - Game of the week (who'd have thought so a few weeks ago? :eek: ). Tough call again, and I'm going to retreat into my coward's pick - home field 3. Titans 27 Colts 30

Buccaneers @ Giants - Giants go on a 2-game winning streak; Bucs manage to get 400 yards of offense and score 6 points, more than doubling their offensive efficiency! :hyper: ;) Bucs 6 Giants 20

Texans @ Redskins - Depends on which Redskins team decides to show up. This time, NOT the home field 3. Texans 24 Redskins 17

Steelers @ Jaguars - Yeah. No. Steelers 31 Jaguars 13

Raiders @ Cardinals - The Toilet Bowl. Raiders 9 Cardinals 17

Broncos @ Chargers - The Chargers have been on a rampage, the Broncos are playing above their heads. Interestingly, the Broncos have the Chargers number: of the past 14 games they've played, the Broncos have won 11. Make it 12 of 15. Broncos 24 Chargers 23

Eagles @ Saints - If ever there were a trap game, we are looking it square in the face. The Saints have reeled off 8 straight wins, including some tough ones (Vikings, Rams) and a complete demolition of a team with a winning record (Bengals...not that they're "good", just a winning record ;) ). If there were a time for them to have a let down game, especially since they're almost certainly looking past this one to burning to cinders what's left of the Fails, this is it.

But, I don't think Payton and Brees will let these guys get away with that - this is the defending Super Bowl champs coming to town. Not another blowout, but not exactly a nail biter either. Eagles 23 Saints 34

SNF:

Vikings @ Bears - NFC Norris bout. Bears are just too much for the Vikes this year. Vikes 24 Bears 27

MNF:

Chiefs @ Rams - OK, so, seeing as it's Monday and not the same week as Sunday, new Game Of The Week. The Rams have been tap dancing on landmines against less than awesome opponents (Seahawks twice, Packers), and got rope-a-doped by the Saints. They looked like world-beaters until 2 weeks ago, or at least everyone thought so. I'm not convinced, and Ma-homes and company will show up and set the record straight: beating up on sub-par competition is not the path to a championship. You gotta beat the GOOD teams too. Chiefs 34 Rams 27

...and away we go!

ImaStupidBaby likes this.
  16. MJ5150

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Wow @Gard. You've piled up a good record this year. Nicely done.

-Mike

17. redwingxix

redwingxix

Oct 21, 2015
    detroit
    Completely agree with Rams/ Chiefs. KC offense is going to steamroll them. Mahomes goes for 500+. I hope.

Lions are going to get embarrassed. Again. TJ Lang done for the year, no Marvin Jones, and an OC in Jim Bob that is only still there because he must have compromising photos of Martha Ford on his icloud is going to add up to another epic beatdown. Julius Peppers is going to feel like it's 2007.

Generally I hate ties, but yes, I'd take neither of those teams winning if it could happen.

18. dwm74

dwm74

Nov 8, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ
    MJ5150 likes this.
  19. Actually, the Achilles heel for the Rams is their run defense. Kareem Hunt is going to gash them. THEN Mahomes will roll...

I think you're overestimating the Panthers. They may win, but it won't be a blowout. They're an 8-8 team that just hasn't quite figured it out yet.

Well, what would really be the best of all outcomes would be for both teams to find a way to lose. Seeing as that is impossible, a tie is the least of all evils. ;)

20. Funky Ghost

I like your list Gard, my main divergence would be the Pack over the Seachickens. The Pack finally figured out who to hand the ball off to and it worked nicely indeed. That should make the passing game a little more fluid with a more balanced attack for defenses to contend with.