1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NFL 2018 Week #12

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by mrpackerguy, Nov 20, 2018.

1. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Pack/Vike - in Mpls
    Last tilt was a draw. Pack are badly beat up and now Daniels out for the foreseeable future. Cobb and King have not earned their keep this season.
    Look Jane. See Vike run wild on Pack. Look Dick look, see Packer's season go in the shatter.
    Pack 17
    Vike 31

At least I got Packer Palace Palace Main Menu

MJ5150 likes this.
  2. Gaolee

Gaolee Official leathers tester and crash dummy

Browns-Bengals. Playing for all the marbles! All the marbles in Ohio, that is, for about three weeks. They are potentially playing for higher draft picks. Loser wins. I think the Browns could win this one, and I would be happy to see that happen because Hue Jackson is now on the Bengals' staff, only a few weeks after getting canned by the Browns. I still don't know how to react to that firing, but I really don't like the conflict of interest.

On a side note, I really, really don't know what to think about the idea of Condoleeza Rice being interviewed for the Browns' head coaching job. I think it's grandstanding, and I'm not a fan of grandstanding. If she has a shot at it and would take it, then fine, but I don't think either of those is true.

MJ5150 likes this.
  3. FunkSheep08

FunkSheep08 Gold Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2005
    Land of 100 Seasons
    Hoping you're wrong on that score...that we get a good running game going (like we had against Miami, I was at that game), stop committing so many stupid penalties, and get Aaron clicking with our receivers on a more consistent basis. It's been a weird season for sure.

Last thread had a debate about Rodgers' number of comebacks. It would be good to look at all of the games in the time period mentioned for each of the QB's in question, and see how many games REQUIRED a comeback. I can think of a number of games where the Pack have had a very healthy lead going into the 4th and maintained it. I'd personally rather have us winning confidently than NEEDING cardiac comebacks.

Hat tip to @Gard for the Saints' play this year. If I hadn't been raised by two Lombardi-era Wisconsinites, I'd probably be part of Who Dat Nation. LOL

Yes, I've lurked these threads off and on for some years. :p I just always seem to get in too late to contribute. Keep up the good discussion, gents. :)

Gaolee, GregC and MJ5150 like this.
  4. StyleOverShow

StyleOverShow Still Playing After All These Years Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2008
    Hillsdale, Portland
    I arrived at my mom’s house about an hour before the Rams-Chiefs game on MNF.
    Great game, family bonding experience, good way to start holiday week.
    I wasn’t so disappointed that the Chiefs lost, at least not as much as seeing LA fans wearing Rams headgear.

The Falcon/Saint game looks interesting. Would love for the dirty birds to poop on the Saints....

5. In the 'dome? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

There will be two roasted birds Thursday. ;)

StyleOverShow likes this.
  6. 75-39

Trust me, I'm even more surprised than you are. :eek:

Turkey Day Games:

Bears @ Lions - The original turkey day game. It will be a turkey. Unlike the Panthers, the Bears can actually play defense, have a head coach that doesn't have cranial-rectal inversion, and have a QB that isn't a functional idiot (have you SEEN how Can't dresses himself? :D ). Bears 31 Lions 24

Redskins @ Cowboys - As much as I'd like to pick the 'Skins, both because of the Smith injury and...well...the Cows...I can't here. The Cows will have one more week of illusory relevance before they're spitted and BBQ'd. Redskins 20 Cowboys 27

Falcons @ Saints - Yet again, I expect this to not be a blowout (But I really REALLY hope it is. Like an ugly, 60-0 one :hyper: ). I don't expect it to be much of a contest, however. Saints at home, in prime-time, against a team that is one step away from quitting for the season. The Fails will come out with some bluster, and may even make it seem like they're going to make a game of it for a quarter or so...but eventually, the best team in the NFL will assert itself. It will not be another 30+ point trouncing, but it will be a clear and unmistakable statement about who is daddy in the NFC South. 28-3ers 18 Saints 38

Sunday Early Games:

Raiders @ Ravens - Chucky's Comedy Tour is on a winning streak...all of one...ends in Baltimore, no matter who's behind center for the Ravens. Raiders 13 Ravens 27

Jaguars @ Bills - At the beginning of the season, I would have predicted a complete blowout for this one. Now? I can't really figure out who will win, they're both that bad. Upset special/home field 3. Jags 20 Bills 23

Seahawks @ Panthers - Panthers at home, get well, right? Nope. The Seahawks are built to beat a team like the Panthers, and will, by running all over the Panthers highly overrated and aging out defense. Seahawks 24 Panters 20

Browns @ Bengals - I would call this an upset special, but really, would the Browns going to Cincy and beating the Bengals be an upset at this point? Browns 27 Bengals 17

Patriots @ Jets - Er. Yeah. Patriots 31 Jets 10

Giants @ Eagles - This will totally freak some folks out. The Eagles are cooked. Giants 23 Eagles 17 (Does anyone else get the feeling that none of the teams in the NFC lEast want to actually win the division?)

49ers @ Buccaneers - The wheels are not only off in Tampa, they're all rolling in 4 different directions. And at different speeds. 49ers 31 Bucs 17

Cardinals @ Chargers - Yeah, I said Rivers won't ever win a championship. But he will win this game. Cards 13 Chargers 31

Dolphins @ Colts - The Colts are for real. The Dolphins...are the Dolphins. Colts 27 Dolphins 13

Steelers @ Broncos - Not a good time to be inconsistent. If the Steelers play in Denver the way they did in Jacksonville, this could be a problem. They won't, but just barely. Steelers 24 Broncos 20

SNF:

Packers @ Vikings - Hearing a lot of doom & gloom from the Cheesehead Nation, and some of it well-founded. That said, A-Rod is significantly better than Cousins (man, wasn't THAT a bad move?), and that will be the difference this time. Packers 28 Vikes 20

MNF:

Titans @ Texans - Speaking of "inconsistent", whut th....., over, Titans? :confused: Texans at home, playing consistent football, that will be enough. Titans 17 Texans 24

Wheeeeeeeeeee........

7. dwm74

dwm74

Nov 8, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ
    LOL! Falcons now known as the 28-3ers! Thanks for providing my first laugh of the day! :D

Kind of like how the Broncos were the 43-8ers up in the Seattle area for a while...

Gard likes this.
  8. The Fails fans will hate me for this...wait...nevermind, they already do. :cool:

1zqku6.

...by the way, I've been to that stadium. It's the UGLIEST example of a sports arena I've ever seen. Which is tough, because the Georgia Dome was pretty bad.

dwm74 likes this.
  9. Yeah. Here's the only poop stain in the Super Dome tonight....

8fAY4Z2.

TOOL460002 likes this.
  10. ...I know, I know...I'm annoying... :hyper:

...the Saints locker room last night:

tenor.

(...Brees going from right to left at the end is a nice touch, too. :cool: )

11. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    I was surprised and impressed with Ryan's play - sure wasn't his fault they lost. No blocking, two lost fumbles within reach of the goal line, and he was their leading rusher.

Passinwind and MJ5150 like this.
  12. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Yep. When you turn the ball over four times in one game, that'll usually eliminate any chances of winning. Especially against a hot team like the Saints.

-Mike

buldog5151bass and Passinwind like this.
  13. My interest in the NFL is waning. My three teams - Seahawks, Packers and Broncos - are all "meh" at best.

I'll watch when I get the chance, but somebody is going to have to improve for me to get motivated.

Gaolee likes this.
  14. MJ5150

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    This Sunday we'll have the second-oldest quarterback matchup in NFL history since the 1970 merger: Josh McCown, 39, against Tom Brady, 41.
    Anyone care to guess the oldest?
    Two hints: neither guy plays anymore and it was in the 2000's.

-Mike

TOOL460002 likes this.
  15. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    I'm not a Jet fan (my son is), but McCown was pathetic his last start. They might as well bring in the third string - he is supposed to have some promise/ability.

16. MJ5150

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Rough stretch for NFL owners as the Titans owner passed away today.

-Mike

17. Was it peyton manning and...? Favre?

18. MJ5150

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Favre, yes. Manning, no.

-Mike

TOOL460002 likes this.
  19. Lol was it another McCown?

EDIT: Other guesses... Rivers is old but younger than Brees. Can't be young manning. So we are talking late Favre. Daunte Culpepper? (My last guess.)

20. MJ5150

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Oh man, Culpepper brings back some good memories.
    It was Vinny Testaverde in 2007. Favre was 38, Testaverde 44.
    Panthers vs. Packers - Game Summary - November 18, 2007 - ESPN

-Mike

FunkSheep08 and TOOL460002 like this.