1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NFL 2018 Week #15

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by mrpackerguy, Dec 11, 2018.

1. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Pack/Bears Rockwood Lodge

Gard may be right. Let's see if the Pack packs it in the rest of the way. I'll say one thing. The play calling on Sunday was not as predictable as under McCarthy. And some of the schemes actually made sense - starting Williams over Jones for most of the first half because they were going to pass the ball like crazy. But ultimately, you need the personnel to execute and we a) dont have the talent level as in years past, and 2) really got hit hard by the injury bug this year.

So, Pack Bears. I think Philbin's got his work cut out for him if only to keep Aaron upright and not injured. The Bears will be seeking revenge from the collapse that I witnessed in person at Lambeau game 1 with Rodger's brilliant comeback victory. But despite Gard hammering me for not picking the Pack here lately (admittedly I vastly underestimated how dysfunctional Atlanta currently is), I still don't see lighting in a bottle x2. Mack's been a one man wrecking crew, and we're playing 2nd and 3rd stringers on the O-line - not a good combination. If Trubisky's back healthy, he's only gotten better. I always say it's a toss up when ever any 2 NFC Norris teams go after it, but I think the euphoria over beating a down team gets snuffed out. I even think there's an outside chance it could be downright embarrassing.

Pack 22
    Bears 30

Gard likes this.
  2. Gaolee

Gaolee Official leathers tester and crash dummy

I would have said the Seahawks get a bye week in San Francisco. But maybe not. Cleveland at Denver will tell us a bit more about Mayfield. I hope he keeps learning and building on this past week instead of having a rookie step back. It could be a lot worse. He could be Rosen.

D M C likes this.
  3. Oh, this week, I would not argue with your pick. That Bears D is stifling. If y'all had a good defense, it might be closer, because the Bears offense is far from the juggernaut the defense is. They're average, which is enough against most NFL teams, and will be against the Pack (sorry) most likely, but they are also likely to be one-and-done in the playoffs. Speaking of picks.... :)

4. 106-55

I'm still not quite sure how i'm getting that many right. But, well...keeping going, maybe...

TNF:

Chargers @ Chiefs - This should be a great game, the Chargers have a chance to get some ground here, and the Chiefs are definitely showing some chinks in their armor. A balanced team might be a real threat to them - and the Chargers are balanced, even if they tend to "play down" to the competition sometimes. I'm calling for another upset special here, just because....well, because. Chargers 31 Chiefs 28

Saturday games:

Texans @ Jets - Yeah. Texans bounce back. All over the hapless Jets. Texans 34 Jets 13

Browns @ Broncos - This might be an interesting game, or not. And who knows in which directly it will all turn. I think the Browns are going to surprise a few folks - starting with making a real push to make the playoffs. Browns 24 Broncos 20

Sunday early games:

Cardinals @ Falcons - Heh. Can the Fails keep failing? Why, yes, they can. Cards 27 28-3ers 17

Buccaneers @ Ravens - Bucs are done; Ravens are in the hunt to win their division (thanks to a floundering Steelers team). Ravens take care of business, and send Captain Sexual Assault home without his free crab legs. Bucs 13 Ravens 23

Lions @ Bills - Tweedle dumb and tweedle dumber? Lions 27 Bills 24

Packers @ Bears - I'd love to be wrong about this one, but I don't think I will be. Bears defense is just too much for the Pack, and the Pack's defense is almost enough to deal with the Bears offense, but not quite. Packers 23 Bears 28

Raiders @ Bengals - So, was the Raiders win because they figured it out, or because the Steelers are that inept? It's still Chucky's Comedy Tour, but Marvin Lewis is the headliner at this gig. Raiders 30 Bengals 17

Cowboys @ Colts - Everyone is ready to count the Colts out each week, and then they surprise us again. I'm not going to be surprised this week, I'm going to pick 'em. Cows 23 Colts 31

Redskins @ Jaguars - You want to win? No. You want to win? No. You want to win? No......flip a coin. Uhhhhhh....home field 3, just because not only do I not have a clue who will be worse in this one, I don't really care any longer. Redskins 14 Jaguars 17

Dolphins @ Vikings - Do I buy in to the Phins, or do I buy into the Vikes falling apart? Hm. I think the Vikings manage to sneak into the post season, and the Phins don't. Dolphins 23 Vikings 31

Titans @ Giants - The G men are on a roll....until they hit this pothole. Titans are a legit wild card contender, and they'll play like it. Titans 31 Giants 23

Sunday late games:

Seahawks @ 49ers - The 'Hawks are a legit wild card team. They'll prove it by finishing off an overmatched opponent. Seahawks 23 9ers 13

Patriots @ Steelers - I really don't want to see the Steelers lose this, for a few reasons: any Pats loss is a good one, unless they're playing the Cows, Fails, or Pampers; I'd like the Steelers to get a false sense of success the week before they play the Saints (not that it will matter). I won't get what I want here - the Steelers are doing their imitation of a drunk in a bar fight, and the Pats will not be napping after getting blindsided in Miami last week. Pats 34 Steelers 27

Sunday night game:

Eagles @ Rams - As much as I'd like to get some breathing room by having the Rams drop 2 in a row, I don't think the Eagles defense can handle it. Not to mention, I don't see the Rams losing to a clearly less talented team. But, the Eagles make a game of it. Eagles 24 Rams 31

MNF:

Saints @ Panthers - Why ruin a streak? The Fighting Can't Nootuns don't, here comes #6 in a row. The Saints took 2 1/2 quarters to wake up and start playing offense last week. This week, they revert back to how they handled sub-par opponents like the Eagles, and come out, punch them in the nose, then proceed to just pound them into submission. Wire-to-wire whuppin' time, never in doubt. Saints 42 sCamrolina 23

========================================

It's nut-cuttin' time, things start to tighten up, some pretenders get bounced out (Panthers, Eagles), some contenders solidify their situation (Ravens take the lead in the AFC North, Seahawks lock down a wild card slot), and some teams just maintain the status quo (Saints retain #1 seed in NFC)

Low84 likes this.
  5. Low84 likes this.
  6. San Fran is playing hard, and you could tell they wanted that game more than the Broncos. I doubt they want it more than the Seahawks.

MJ5150 likes this.
  7. dwm74

dwm74

Nov 8, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ
    Hey Hey Hey! Rosen is our only bright spot here in the desert this season...don't be bashing the kid. He's actually done better than most would have with the pathetic O-line and anemic play-calling. He may not become the next superstar QB, but after being thrown in to the fray after the Sam Bradford experiment blew up in the Cards' faces, he's done pretty darn good, all things considered. I certainly see more upside than downside.

8. fretter

fretter

May 24, 2012
    PA
    af670ce255d75fc7abb9747f61fc7cf10baab1c73b73ab11f041b59d9064f1a8.

9. mrpackerguy

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Another crazy good tilt tonight - Chiefs Chargers - the "Ch Ch Ch Chia Bowl". I'll be flipping between that and Badgerz mens BBall in my wife's hospital room while she gets a complete new knee put in here in a few hours.

MJ5150 likes this.
  10. mrpackerguy

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    I guess I'm rootin for Andy Reid this year. I think he's one of the good guys who doesn't get enough credit and who has been able to adapt to a young QB and keep an NLF offense fresh and exciting. Unless, of course, the Packers pull offf some kind of miracle and advance. Something like a 3% chance though, just to even make the playoffs, which they don't deserve. Same percent chance they had of winning the 1st game of the season against the Bears in the 4th quarter.

redwingxix, Pilgrim and MJ5150 like this.
  11. I like Andy Reid too. He's been a solid coach and talent evaluator.

This weekend, I don't like the Broncos. Browns by 10.

12. mrpackerguy

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    whooda thunk last year we'd be reading a post like this?

Gaolee and redwingxix like this.
  13. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    TOOL460002 likes this.
  14. Wait. Isn't that liquid cheese stuff 90% slime? So... slime found in slime? Hehe...

MJ5150 likes this.
  15. mrpackerguy

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    No, the red slime is in the hamburger

16. redwingxix

redwingxix

Oct 21, 2015
    detroit
    Yes. Definitely going to get my popcorn ready for tonight.

I've always thought Andy Reid is one of the more underrated coaches and he is a really easy guy to root for. Always seems to really get the most out of his players. I mean look what he did with Alex Smith.

Not much you can say about Mahomes that hasn't already been said but I'm really wanting to see what kind of crazy plays he pulls off tonight. There were at least two or three times during that baltimore game where I actually shouted because I was so surprised.

mrpackerguy likes this.
  17. Defense doesn't win championships on their own, but the lack of a competent defense will sink a great offense. For the record, having the 31st ranked defense is a lack of a competent defense.

Just sayin'. :)

mrpackerguy likes this.
  18. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    9%2F48079441_10212053431442232_8821154156380160_n.%3F_nc_cat%3D106%26_nc_ht%3Dscontent-ort2-1.

Low84, Gard, Pacman and 1 other person like this.
  19. Gaolee

Gaolee Official leathers tester and crash dummy

Rivers decided to show the kid how it is done. And the Chiefs need just a bit more defense.

[edit] I gotta learn to proof read when I'm using a phone.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
  20. mrpackerguy

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Hype achieved.