NFL Darkhorse predictions

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Frijoles Negros, Jun 4, 2004.

1. Frijoles Negros

Frijoles Negros

Mar 21, 2004
    We all know the Pats and their status. Great season, great draft. What about someone to give them a run for their money?

Im going for the Buffalo Bills. I bet they gel this year. Their defense was very good last year. Their offense is now going to have a double threat on the ground and theyve got a fast reciever in the draft. Bledsoe might get his head straight with these options. Plus, the line is improved.
  2. i have officially banned the NFL until al davis dies. which will probably NEVER happen. you can't kill satan.
  3. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I do agree, the Bills will be contenders, but Bledsoe will choke when they need him most. --another Pats SB this year. :bassist:
  4. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    I think Houston is a dark horse for the playoffs. I also think Jacksonville, which came together strong at the end of last season should make a run. Miami will be stronger and Philly will be solid. I see Dallas in the playoffs again and Minnesota making a serious run.

My playoff teams would be:

AFC: Miami, Baltimore, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, New England and Kansas City.

NFC: Philadelphia, Minnesota, Atlanta, Seattle, Dallas, and Arizona.

The Corey Dillon experiment in New England is intriguing. That could be disaster, we'll have to wait and see. Same with David Boston in Miami and Terrell Owens in Philly. Cincinnati may be a reach for the playoffs, because I expect Baltimore to continue playing just above .500 football. The strong draft from Arizona and Detroit could seriously lift them into playoff competition, but I'm not sure there's enough room for both of them, and since Arizona has the easier division, I give them the nod. I'm not sure Green Bay can make it to the tourney this year, but we'll see.

I like Minnesota and either Jacksonville or Miami in the Super Bowl.
  5. kazuhank

Nov 12, 2002
    Portland, OR
    Seahawks in the Super Bowl. This may not be a total darkhorse considering they were in the wild card last year, but with vetran signings (Wistrom and Taylor) and rookie prospects (Tubbs and Boulware), Seattle's defense may finally catch up with their explosive offense. Provided the Hawks receivers end the case of the dropsies. We'll see. :cool:
  6. Green Bay will slaughter everyone!!!

going back into my cave of denial, summon the power of Paul Hornung-THE Golden Boy

They will, you know...

They still have Brett Fa-v-reh...(in best Ben Stiller voice)
  7. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Tennessee vs. Philly in the Big Showdown.

Philly wins, (thinking with my head, not my heart).

Pats are too obvious for me (plus, Ty Law didn't get contract extension), but Houston continues to shock with the value of parity and the draft.

8. Houston has a very solid defense and an excellent runner in JJ Moses for the special teams, its just their offense that sucks. Their QB can't always hit his targets, WRs that can run, but not always catch, and probably the worst offensive line in the entire NFL.

I agree with Dallas and Minnesota, especially since the Cowboys made the acquisition of Keyshawn Johnson.

[joins Golden Boy in cave of denial, turns on the Pistons least somebody in Detroit has some hope...]
  10. You, me, Paul Hornung and Alex Karras will sit around in our cave and bet a lot... :(
  11. And provided they can overcome the Seattle Curse. :help:

Go Hawks!
  12. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Is Barry Sanders coming out of retirement ? :D
  13. lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA

14. kazuhank

Nov 12, 2002
    Portland, OR
    Hey, with the M's stinking things up in SeaTown, the fans there need something to cheer for... as for the curse, keep Hasselbeck away from referee's open mics ("...and we're gonna score") and there should be no jinxing things this year.
  15. The Homer in me says DOLPHINS BABY!!!...but we all know :scowl: :bawl: :crying:
  16. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Keep an eye on the Steelers. :)

It will be interesting to see how Duce does in Pittsburgh this year. It was a sad day Wednesday when they said goodbye to Gildon. I'm gonna miss him. :(

17. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Pats all the way, baby!

(Last time I said that before the season, they won the superbowl, so I'm going to do it every year!)
  18. You cruel, cruel man. :bawl:
  19. Bah. Sports. Always better to play than watch.
  20. snailplow

snailplow Leon Phelps Wanna Be

Satan doesn't exist,and King Al is your daddy.Raiders rule,and the whiners are doomed to suck for at least the next 2 years. :spit: