1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NFL Draft

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Alex, Apr 29, 2006.

1. I can't believe that there isn't a thread about this yet. Perhaps I missed it?

Anyway...the Texans passing on Reggie Bush and Leinart going 10th was pretty surprising.

Discuss.

1900 posts

2. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

I agree.
    The draft isn't that important to me this year because the Falcons don't have a 1st rounder. It was traded away for DE John Abraham.

3. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Hmmm, I'm kind of wondering why the Steelers picked up Santonio Holmes, or any receiver for that matter. I guess they want to replace Randle El. But I think he needed the Steelers more than they needed him, definitely expendable, and won't do much in Washington. I would've liked to see a DB, or someone to add more beef to the DL...

4. I just hope the Texans GM knows what he's doing...

If this guy isn't Reggie White from day one, he might not be taken too well here.

5. Brad Barker

Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
  6. Ahh, yes. I forgot about Mike's off season thread. However, doesn't this kind of need it's own thread? It was kind of the same situation with the NCAA Basketball thread: It lasted the whole season and was like 40 pages so nobody posted in it the whole time but you and Mike. The march madness tournament needed it's own thread. It's a similar situation with this.

7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Interesting take on that. I can agree. I would have liked to see a CB, but this Holmes guy is great. The Steelers only have one WR, unless you want to include Wilson. I think this pick filled the biggest need. I like the pick of Reid also at the end of the day. That guy is way fast.

-Mike

8. I thought the Steelers were wise to pick up a reciever...I just wish Holmes were a couple inches taller. He looks like a smooth route-runner in his highlight films though, so he might be able to contribute more than rookie wideouts usually do.

9. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    I don't think passing on Reggie Bush was a bad thing at all. Guy has bust written all over him in my eyes. Despite the fact that he played against one serious defense last year. How did that work out? Not well at all in the Rose Bowl I saw. I've said it once and I'll say it again, Bush will not get 1000 yards in his first season.

I think the Colts getting Jo Addai was a good move. I've seen what he can do firsthand and he has amazing potential. Maybe not on James' level, but he appears to be a solid enough RB to build a run game around.

Way to go Falcons by picking up Jerious Norwood. He was the single reason we won three games last year. He is already facing the comments about being undersized, but Warrick Dunn is smaller than Jerious. He'll be the best mentor he could possibly have. I think I remember something the Falcons having one of the best running games in the league last year. Norwood can only help them.

Just because I totally dislike him, I hope Leinart throws a interception, gets sacked a few times, and fumbles at least once his first game next year.

10. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Things are looking pretty good for the Cardinals right now. Lets see...Leinart, Bolden, Fitzgerald,and the Edge. Man, their offense could/should produce this year.

Man, I might just watch a game or two! :p