1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NFL Offseason 2016

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by mrpackerguy, Feb 18, 2016.

Tags:
  1. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    OK, let's start this off with a short blurb that I don't think was intended by the writer to be funny, but only a buffoon would not have looked at that and not saw the irony. I'm referring to Green Bay running back, Eddie Lacy's on-going weight control issues.

"The position coaches are accountable for the performance and training of their players," he said. "Eddie Lacy's conditioning is something I have great confidence will improve and is improving as we speak."

Sirmans has already witnessed Lacy's drive to improve in 2016.

"You can tell he's very hungry this year," said Sirmans, via the Green Bay Press-Gazette.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
    Funky Ghost and GregC like this.
  2. Funky Ghost

Funky Ghost Translucently Groovy

He's really eating up the exercise but we cautioned him not to bite off more than he can chew. :ninja:

3. mrpackerguy

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Here's hoping he gets the runs.

4. SwitchGear

SwitchGear Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2005
    Wisconsin
    2016 is the final year of his rookie contract. You know he will be in great shape and have a monster year this coming season. Then $$$$$$$! All the way to the bank.

5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Well bummer, one of the best Steeler players ever retired today. Heath Miller. He wasn't talked about much, but he was a great Steeler.
    No more chants of "Heeeeeeeaaaattttthhhhhhhh" in Heinz Field. Ben lost his security blanket on third down.

-Mike

mpdd, Jeff K, JLY and 1 other person like this.
  6. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    On a related note, I looked up Miller to check his stats and one of the first things I came across was former Steeler (and Gator) Max Starks giving Heath lots of shoutouts on his Twitter page. Just below was a link to a clip of some of Starks' charity work, including a breast cancer fundraiser (his mom's a survivor). What a solid guy.

MJ5150 likes this.
  7. MJ5150

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Starks is a great dude.
    What did you find out about Miller? You fact checking me?? Huh mister?
    :)

-Mike

8. mrpackerguy

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Jared Allen pretty good career as well

9. mrpackerguy

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Mike, I like the Heath Miller post because I think the Packers need a TE in the Twilight of his career much like when the pack picked up Keith Jackson and made the superbowl run. Someone who can stretch the middle of the field

10. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    Yeah, Heath Miller was one of my favorite Steelers. Classy guy; and like you said, VERY dependable for Ben over the years.

mpdd likes this.
  11. MJ5150

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    RGIII will be up for grabs, Marques Colston too.

-Mike

12. Gaolee

Gaolee Official leathers tester and crash dummy

RGIII as a backup in Seattle? Hmmmm....

13. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    I bet someone gives him a chance to start. Probably half or more of last year's starters are instantly replaceable.

MJ5150 likes this.
  14. MJ5150

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Yeah. He ain't going anywhere to be a backup.

-Mike

15. MJ5150

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    It's cut season, with a couple franchise 'all time leaders' hitting the streets...
    Roddy White in Atlanta and Arian Foster in Houston.

I see Rob Gronkowski and Cam Newton have decided to advance their acting careers. I'm trying to remember the last NFL player who hosted a TV show and maintained the same high level of performance while playing football. In my opinion, that kind of stuff seems like a distraction that takes away from on field performance.

-Mike

16. Funky Ghost

Funky Ghost Translucently Groovy

Strike while the iron is hot, as they say. Soon enough nobody will care to see them and all too soon a "Where are they now" will air somewhere. In this new day and age I think it's hard to compare how something like acting will differ from social media. They are always on now. The last to really be able to say that are probably the guys from our era ( 70-80 formatively (sic - I love making up a word that should exist :p) ) where sensationalized news was rare for players. Peyton "Rub some dirt on it" Manning seems to have done alright balancing his acting gig with his football persona.

In pie in the sky news - Swap 1st rounders with Cleveland ( to keep the other QB hungry teams away from their guy ) take on Alex Mack - get Tunsil with the 2nd and draft the Alabama RB, Henry, on the back end. They now have a legit smash mouth team. Next year focus on the D and it's a new team.

17. MJ5150

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Calvin Johnson has retired. I'm glad to see more guys walking away from the game before they do further damage to their minds and bodies.
    DeMarco Murray is a Titan.
    Kelechi Osemele will be a Raider as of Wednesday afternoon, when the new league year officially starts for the NFL.

-Mike

18. mrpackerguy

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Packers predictibly silent so far in free agency. But re-signed one of their own backup OLineman today. Wouldn't surprise me if they look at an Owen Daniels or Matt Forte for the right price.

19. Quarterback situation in Denver just got more interesting.

The Eagles signed Chase Daniel. I always thought Mark Sanchez deserved another shot as a starter with a team firmly behind him. Kaepernick? Kubiak would need to re-design his offense, and I'm not sure he could accommodate Kaep. What might be best for Denver is another "good enough" pocket passer who can get the job done without making mistakes, but they'll never find another QB who did what Manning did at the line of scrimmage.

RGIII? Fitzpatrick?

Meh, I had resigned myself to a rebuilding period. The Chiefs are overdue for a post-season run, and fate seems to be with them.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
  20. MJ5150

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Whoa, Denver got raided today.

-Mike