1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Nfl player mother in law dies.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Starrchild, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings
    Watch out... you said "apparently".
    :D

2. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings
    For more ****s and giggles, what's a fairy tail.

See how easy that is?
    :cool:

3. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    That's because it was only transcripts so far. I haven't got any doubt that it was every bit as jacked up as the DJ made it sound.

4. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    Yeah, that's why i said for **** and giggles - because i am the worse at it. :)

5. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    No, I don't want to be a cop nor has anyone in my family been a police officer. Closest i get to Police is i played hockey with a Cupertino Sheriff. Well and Cheeze over there whom i've never met but have great deal of respect for.

6. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    I tent to try to see and post against the popular point of view. If you notice, every time these threads come up with a police officer allegedly being wrong everyone sides against this office. Same goes for the media, really it feels like a witch hunt where everyone is screaming "burn the witch". Not a single person even remotely trying to see point of view of the officer. I understand point of view where you think officer is wrong, it's very clear to me, frankly it's boring. Whats interesting to me is a point of view of a person who is in blame and i want to understand it.

I watched the video, the cop is a douchbag, i agree. He acted like a complete a-hole but him pulling the Ryan Moats over was not out of line.

No i said stories like that are useless. I heard from my uncle who heard from this guy at a bar how this cop shot a kid and walked! Back to my witch hunt comments. "Good. Now, why do witches burn? because they're made of... wood? Good. So how do you tell whether she is made of wood? Build a bridge out of her."

There is no source to that story, it proofs nothing for this thread. Yet so many here as soon as they hear that story tent to believe it with out ANY proof that it actually happened. Only thing you guys based that on is "I wouldn't be surprised if it did happened". Once someone comes up with anything that might make you question this story that you are not even sure happened, you attack that person. Well, hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Elvis was still alive, doesn't make story regarding Elvis being alive any more or less true. Somehow we laugh at those stories because there is no source but yet we almost want to believe a story regarding some cop who shot some kid and walked. Ask yourselves why? I lean towards because it's popular to not like police officers.

As far as ""self defense" had no relevance." - NOTHING in that story has any relevance as that story has no source except i heard someone say it.

7. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings
    You do realize there's video, right? From the very start it seemed you were ignoring negative things on the cop's side that weren't in dispute. Why? Are you trying so hard to see one side positively that you're willing to ignore the negatives that are right in front of you?

That's how it looks.

So what in the video and story did you have difficulty understanding? You leapt to a judgement in the very first post without bothering to get any of the details. Isn't that what you complain about others doing?

Did ANYONE say him pulling Moats over was out of line? If not, what's the "but" about?

You apparently only skimmed over the offending posts for content. And the video too. Not good when you accuse others of ignoring facts.

Where did you read that?

All that because he used the word "apparently". I was joking with Bard2dbone becuase he used the same word... I'd guess you feel the same way about his story.

For all the griping about other people assuming, you do realize you're assuming your butt off? Again. Don't you?

Is that really what you read or merely what you wanted him to say? This is pretty deep... to say the least.

8. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings
    Just kidding. Apparently "apparently" is some sort of trigger word.
    ;)

9. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    Are you kidding me?

All I said in ANY posts in this thread prior to you and starchild getting on my case was, "even if your mother in law is dying you have no right to brake the law and put other people in risk." That was the ONLY comment i made regarding the topic. PLEASE provide me a post where i sided with the officer or had ANY comment on how the officer acted?

Again, all i said in my post regarding original topic is dying mother in law is no excuse to run a red light. Then i asked for a source for a story that is very hard to believe. That was it.

There was no leap to judgment on my part what so ever. All that was said was that he should not have broken traffic laws.

But that's ALL I said in this thread was him being pulled over was not out of line, and somehow after i said that i was suddenly a horrible person who is siding with the cop.

Are you serious? I think it's other way around...

I replied to this post right here:

Actually, you know what, forget it.

Please, where did i assume? Entire thread all i said was that he shouldn't have ran a red light and that posting unrelated stories with out any source is not helpful. Not once did i comment on how officer handled this indecent, not a single word.

Again, are you serious? Please reread my posts and then start replying to me.

Bottom line is i think you guys are just looking for an argument. This is the only way i can explain this:

All these and your posts are because of this:

"Um, I am sorry, you are not a doctor and you won't be able to save your mothers live. It sucks but putting more lives at risk by running red lights is not a good way to go about it."

and

"I met my brothers mother in law... um... I'd stop at the stop light. and maybe a early yellow... Or maybe even green."

As well as me asking for a source of a random story about a person shooting another person and getting away with it.

Now you owe me because i am loosing braincells while even thinking about this. This has to be most pointless conversation I've ever been in.

10. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    As far as putting words in other people's mouth:

Yeah....

*slow clap*

11. joel kelsey

joel kelsey

Aug 1, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    Did he really have to give the guy a ticket? Really?

12. 1. It was my dad that told me the story around 3 years ago. My dad has never told me fake stories before, why shouldn't I believe him this time? If you don't want to, don't. It's the internet, i don't expect people to take something and take it as gospel truth.

2. How should I know? I'm sorry I didn't spell check? I thought the phrase was Scott-free :crying:, i fail at phrases.

Now i'll try and clarify. According to my dad (who I hope i can trust) it was dark out and the cop said that he knew the teenager was outside of his vehicle and that he feared for his life, justifying him using deadly force.

I do not know when, if ever, this incident occurred nor do I know how to find it. Thus i'd agree it needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

Now I posted this story not to illustrate how "cops are witches" or anything of the sort. The point is that people need to be careful around everyone. Just because a man has a badge doesn't mean he isn't human and won't make mistakes. I was referring to the people who claimed that they wouldn't care if a cop pointed their gun at them because they knew the cop wouldn't shoot. I feel that this isn't the case.

Now, if a cop shooting a man in the back is a fairy tale then explain these:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/12/18/nopd.shooting/index.html

http://www.chitowndailynews.org/Chicago_news/Autopsy_Cops_shot_man_in_back,14956

http://www.bet.com/NR/exeres/B7F74560-B8A8-4CF5-B209-07C7C5B03B44.htm??Referrer={0471DDF0-D0D8-48A8-9E30-ADD40CBE0269}

Guess I should watch out for Jack and his Beanstalk then too huh?

13. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio

One time, there was this cop. He made what should have been a simple traffic stop, but as he approached the car the driver leaned out and shot the cop right in the 10 ring. The cop just turned his lights on and got killed for it. I'm just making the point that anecdotes are simply that. I don't doubt your Dad's story. Like I've said a million times on here before, there are douches in EVERY profession.

14. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    ok, how about this one.

http://www.policeone.com/investigat...eorgia-Cop-Activists-Allege-Police-Brutality/

you're russian, right? why are you having a hard time accepting that the agents of the state abuse their station? i mean, seriously, not trying to give you a hard time.

15. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    We could all post a bunch of stories about police officers abusing people, and a bunch of stories about good police officers getting hurt or killed in the line of duty. So, what ends up being the point in this p!$$ing contest? I don't think ANYONE said the Dallas Cop this original post is about is NOT a douche. I vote, he's a douche.

16. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    This thread is full of love. Make me warm.

17. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings
    Since you asked...

No... and I know you're not kidding either.

So you didn't say this? "Source? Sorry, really having hard time believing this "Apparently" happened - sounds more like a fairy tail that was passed down by 100 people until it got to us".

And then made fun of his spelling? Of course you didn't.

It's funny that the people who usually contend that "all" they did was "X" usually did "Y" too.

Do you think there is a difference between running a red light at speed and stopping at a red light, checking oncoming traffic and proceeding because there's an emergency? Of course you do... you said so.

And you called the other story a fairy tail. And complete bull. Remember?

Instead of just asking for a source, you immediately called it bull and a fairy tail. Remember doing that? No leap to judgement there.

Again with "all" you said. Did you say this: "you are not a doctor and you won't be able to save your mothers live".

BTW note that I'm still not making fun of your spelling. So you didn't make the judgement that the only person who should've been rushing to a hospital in that situation was a doctor?
    :meh:

No one said you were a horrible person so the pity party is fairly amusing. You obviously said more than you think you said... it's still there.

Post 68: kserg: "In that case - I take what i said back. It sounded from article i read that he ran the light".

You didn't have the facts and made a judgement anyway.

Since you asked of course.

I specifically asked you where you read this: "I heard from my uncle who heard from this guy at a bar how this cop shot a kid and walked!"

Show me that in the post you replied to... or maybe you'll finally realize you made it up.

I can see why.

Did you assume Moats just ran a red light? Did you assume purple's uncle heard the story from some guy in a bar? Did you even bother to ask for a source before calling it a lie? Did anyone say the simple act of pulling Moats over was wrong? If not, what's the point of pointing something out that no one disagrees with?

"I watched the video, the cop is a douchbag, i agree. He acted like a complete a-hole but him pulling the Ryan Moats over was not out of line".

You didn't ask for a source and wait for an answer... you immediately called it bull and a fairy tail. Do you really think that you asked for a source first? Before you called it a lie?

How did the story become "random"?

It's clear why you might not see which way you lean... you don't even remember the leaning statements you've made.

I'm not touching that one, it's way too easy.

Thanks
    ;)

18. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings
    That's been the gist of the questions coming from the other direction. Fortunately you provided a link so it might not immediately be dismissed as a fairy tail. Or worse.

19. I agree, that's what i tried to express at least. I just didn't like someone saying my story was a fairy tale when it is within the realm of possibility.

I'm done going on tangents. I hope it didn't take the thread too far outside the discussion. :bag: