1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NFL Week #1

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by mrpackerguy, Aug 31, 2008.

1. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    OK Ladies. Pre-season has come and gone. Your week one thoughts and predictions. I'll start

Pack 28 Vikes 24

2. I'm in:

I'm very concerned about Gustav and the effect this will have on things for the Saints. The Katrina season was a disaster, and hopefully it won't be repeated again this year.

The big thing is that I hope that NO ONE is harmed in Louisiana, Mississippi, or Texas. If that happens, this will be a good, no a GREAT week.

On the game - if the storm misses NOLA, and the game goes on in the 'Dome:

Yucks 17
    Saints 31

If the city gets trashed thanks to Gustav, I won't even care...:meh:

3. Well said, Gard!

To the games(s).... Being that I'm a die-hard Steeler fan, but I'm now living in Bronco country, I s'pose I'll pick two games...

The Texans??? Psssht!!!! I'll take Pittsburgh 24-13 in an easy season opener.

Also, the Broncos will easily dismantle the lowly Raiders. Hell, there are some high school teams that'd butt-kick the Raiders. Sooooo... I've gotta go Denver 28-6.

4. csala

csala

Aug 14, 2005
    Santa Monica, Ca
    Big Blue's O-line is looking dominant. I think they'll push Washington's questionable D-line around and open some big holes for Brandon Jacobs. Jacobs is looking pretty agile these days and has good burst so I think he'll have an opportunity to run on the secondary of the 'Skins and knock some people around in the process.

Even without Pexiglass and Toomer in the preseason, the Giants have been throwing the ball well. Defense will be solid. A convincing victory for Big Blue.

Giants 27
    Redskins 13

5. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Go Broncos! They will easily defeat the raiders. It's kinda funny though, I think there may be more raider fans in colorado than in oakland. Of course there is an overwhelming number or raider-haters as well. I'm thinkin at least into the 30's for the broncos.

+1 to what gard said about gustav.

6. rush_fan

rush_fan

Aug 20, 2008
    Eagles 24 Rams 17

7. WickedPissah

WickedPissah

Jan 22, 2008
    Boston
    Pats featuring Matt Cassel- 0
    Chiefs- 100

:crying:

8. Rich L

Rich L

May 17, 2006
    Ft Myers, FL
    The Bucs will make Brees wish he were on a dingy in the eye of the storm, wherever it gets played!

9. First of all, nice. Just what I expect from a Yucks fan.

Secondly:

BWAHHHH-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

:D

10. Drifta

Drifta

Sep 13, 2006
    South Florida
    dolphins 24- jets 21 farve throws for 300 yards 3 tds but 3 ints that lead to jets loss. ricky williams has 100 yards and 1 td ronnie brown has 70 yards, 4 catches for 50

11. CrashClint

CrashClint I Play Bass therefore I Am

Nov 15, 2005
    Wake Forest, NC
    DR Strings Dealer (local only)
    My Boys 31
    Cleveland 7

12. Rich L

Rich L

May 17, 2006
    Ft Myers, FL
    I do hope the storm spares everyone along the Gulf Coast. With that said, here's the final score:

Bucs 24
    Aint's 3

:D

13. It won't, then Hurricane Brees will light up the Yucks secondary like a Christmas tree.

Stickin' with my original pick:

Yucks 17
    Saints 31

14. Left Left Goose

Left Left Goose Banned

Aug 19, 2008
    Bolts 34
    Panthers 20

god i wish marrimen would just have the surgery :(

15. vkgphil

vkgphil

Mar 25, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    how the hell are the packers going to get 4 tds on that viking defense?

24-6 Vikes

Peterson two tds rushing, one defensive td

16. I'll bet ya $100 on this prediction right now! :D

17. Hawaii Islander

Hawaii Islander Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2007
    Rio Rico, AZ
    NO WAY!!!! They are NOT starting Cassel are they??? :eek:

They'd be better off sticking a cast on Tom Brady's sore foot and having him start. :eyebrow:

BTW: Matt isn't very good because he hasn't played hardly at all over the past few years. He should look to be traded to a basement team so he can get up to playing speed again. :smug:

18. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    LOL.

Packers 31-27

Vikings Defense HIGHLY overrated. The Packers D will actually finish stronger and higher ranked. The better question is how is Tavares EVER going to throw the ball with McKinnie home beating his wife and Kampman strung around his legs the entire game. Sure the Queens can stop the run, but teams will pass on them all year long.

2007 Week 10. Packers 34, Viqueens 0. Adrian Peterson, 45 yrds rushing. Packers D, returning 10 of 11 starters with an even stronger linebacking corp this year.

19. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Peyton plays...

Colts 24
    Bears 10

Sorgi plays...

Colts 14
    Bears 13

20. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Either way, a Bears loss is always a good thing. (Unless it's to the Queens)