1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NFL Week 14

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by mrpackerguy, Dec 3, 2006.

1. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    I NEED to talk about week 14. We're a better road team this year. No Lambeau advantage this season. A tough and another close one.

San Fran 14
    Pack 17

2. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    Tough luck!

I agree, it will be a low scoring game, But...

San Fransisco 13 packers 10

Actually i was going to say San Fran 17 Packers 14 but that's too close to what you said. I could be an ahole and say SF 24 Packers 6 though. :) Go 9ers!

3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Heinz Field.....Thursday night national TV.....the Clowns in town.....three wins in the last four games......

It's all lining up for another Steeler win. Man, I'd love to finish the season strong!!

-Mike

4. I'm actually dreading Sunday. Rookie Cutler had a tough time with a wimpish Seattle defense, now he's got Merriman and his steroids to contend. However, I am optimistic....crazy as that sounds. Broncos win 28-27

5. VanillaO

VanillaO Poop?

Oct 14, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    I stand behind the Bengals (as a Canadian, I probably should root for the Bills, but realistically, that would just be silly. So I choose not to 'cheer' for a team, so much as pick one AFC and one NFC (panthers) team to do well each year, and 'cheer' for them). Good for me.

6. Well, I'm gonna continue with my sushi joke, and say that the cast of the Drew & Reggie Show will feast on toro this coming Sunday night:

Saints 27
    Cowpatties 17

7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Wow Gard, you guys have a tough one in Dallas.

I think the Cowboys are right up there with the Bears right now. Or maybe I've been listening to Deion Sanders too much since yesterday. :D

-Mike

8. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    Sure they are:

New Orleans 34
    Cowgirls 10

:D

9. jive1

jive1 Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound

What happened to the Lambeau advantage? Especially when the weather gets cold.

It doesn't look like the fans and frozen tundra are much of an advantage, as much as something the announcers like to talk about. Favre is supposed to be better when the weather drops, but that hasn't been the case for the last couple of seasons.

Maybe it's time for a dome........
    ;)

10. jive1

jive1 Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    BTW, I have to say that TB is a better place to discuss football than most football specific boards.

Thanks MPG for doing this.

11. clavefa

clavefa Te Traigo El Tumbao

+1
    BTW jive do listen to 67thescore.com at all?
    Mondays after bears games a hilarious especially Boers & Bernstein @ 2pm
    :)

12. jive1

jive1 Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA

Unfortunately, I can't do streaming audio at work.

But if I'm in the Chi during football season, I like listening to Hampton, Kozlowski, and Waddle on WGN, as well as the score.

Sports radio around here sucks, unless you want to hear whining about the Redskins 7 days a week.

I miss Chicago sports radio, as much as I miss Ricobene's breaded steak sandwiches.

13. clavefa

clavefa Te Traigo El Tumbao

T
    Too bad. BTW your Grossman as a gambler post on wk13 was one of the things they talked about. HMMM maybe they log on to TB?

14. Rex Grossman needs to really get into the QB position, seems to me like he looks surprised each time he gets the ball. And he needs to work on his drop back, that's one of the slowest 3 steps back! But hey they clinch their division, so what do I know?

15. jive1

jive1 Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    If they do, then they owe me some money :D

But I'd settle for a Ricobene's steak sandwich.
    I never should have brought it up, cuz I'm really craving one right now. :help:

16. jive1

jive1 Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA

Actually, Grossman isn't too bad in the pocket. He has pretty good pocket presence for a kid who hasn't taken that many snaps in the NFL. This last game, it was interesting that he took more sacks in situations where we would have slung it in the past. But, I guess the coaching staff has been on his case to protect the ball.

But what do I know. I've watched the worst QBs in history play on my team, so anyone with an inkling of NFL caliber seems better.

17. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Excited Cowboys sodomize Gramatica after his game-winning kick on Sunday!
    nfl_g_gramatica_195.

Seriously Tard, you can't be thinking well if you assume that the 'Aints will put up 27 points against the Cowboys, and that the Boys will only must 17.

This game will be good, certainly. Reggie Bush can definitely be shut down next week. The boys were able to effectively shut down Westbrook earlier this year, a runner very much in Bush's style. The Cowboys defense might give up a play or two to Colston or Henderson, but plan on them effectively shutting down New Orleans. This is for the #2 spot in the conference, eh?

The Cowboys are hot, they're confident, and they'll be home against the Aints.

18. BassManPatsFan

BassManPatsFan Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2004
    San Francisco
    I'll take the Pats over the Dolphins...28-10.
    -Alex

19. You know, a few months ago NFL Commish Paul Tagliabue said he wants to have an expansion team in Canada (some say Canada will get a team before Los Angeles will), so you may have a team to root for in the next few years :cool:

20. Ahhh...my compadre, spazzblow, you are overlooking so much, so much indeed.

First, the running game in NOLA isn't Bush, it's McAllister. Bush is the icing, Duce is the cake; Bush is the lightning, Duce is the thunder that rolls over you. Then, well, you forget that they rested Horn this week just for your secondary - he's not as fast anymore, but he's still SMARTER than any defender, and knows how to get in their heads. You REALLY think your ragtags can cover Colston? :D He's the size of a linebacker and faster than anyone in your secondary, so even if they catch him - unlikely - he can still drag them at least another 5-10 yards. Brees isn't on track to be the MVP and break Marino's single-season passing record for no reason, he's got 5 recievers that would be #1 guys in pretty much every NFL city, all at one time, then when you start thinking longball, they hit you in the gut with Duce.

And while the Saints' defensive backfield is weak, if Romo is staring at the hole in Texas Stadium because the defensive line and linebackers are pounding holes in the Cowgirls' tissue paper offensive line, he can't throw the ball....

...let the trash talkin' begin!!!!

:hyper: